What the product claims: – Revitalizes and firms, keeps skin young. It penetrates deep, delivering nutrients, vitamins and anti oxidants to the innermost layers of the skin while hydrating and maintaining the softness.
- Size: 50 ml
- Price: Rs 215/-
- Main ingredients: Lemon, pomegranate (I didn’t read or see anything else after looking at these two ingredients. Pictures of big, fat yellow lemons and juicy, red pomegranates blocked everything out. I just kept on marveling about the awesome effect this cream will have on my skin, that it’ll transform my skin into this translucent and clear surface…….. )
- Lemon is regarded as a youth restorative. The acid in the lemon peel helps to eliminate excess oils on the face. It also acts as a skin lightener, which is perfect for those who tan a lot or have naturally uneven tone.
Pomegranate heals the acne and also prevents the scar formation by regenerating tissues in the affected area. Pomegranate juice for skin is a great remedy for skin that is damaged due to sun exposure or aging. It repairs this damage, so that you get smooth and youthful skin. Pomegranate extends the life of fibroblasts, the cells that are
responsible for the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin pump up the skin and render it elasticity. This in turn, keeps the skin youthful for years and minimizes the visibility of wrinkles.
- Indian pennywort or Brahmi helps in rejuvenation of skin.
- Raisins are antioxidant-rich. Antioxidants are chemicals, produced naturally that work to protect the skin from the elements such as air pollution and sun. They also help in repairing the skin.
- Agar agar is used as a binder and fragrance ingredient in cosmetic products.
- Aloevera is beneficial for cracked and dry skin, acts as a natural barrier and shields our skin from dangerous toxins, makes the skin smooth and glowing.
- Holy basil cures skin disorders internally and externally, without any side effects. This property mainly comes from its essential oils which are highly anti biotic, disinfectant, anti bacterial and anti fungal in nature. External application on the skin also removes extra oil from the skin surface.
- How to use – Mix 4-6 drops of VLCC vita lift ampoule into 2 teaspoon of gel and massage gently. Use twice a week.
My experience with VLCC Massage Gel
Please bear with me as I take you along this ride. I reached home literally drifting on cloud nine, holding this magical bottle in my hand, feeling so happy with myself that I found a massage gel (I have oily skin so a gel means no oiliness or heavy feeling on skin to me) with lime (lime is a simply awesome ingredient, which lightens and fights acne. Ya, I am the lucky one having a oily, acne prone skin) as an ingredient. So I opened the bottle as soon as I entered my room, and my bubble burst with a huge phut…….. Come on, the bottle that looked so huge from outside, was narrow from inside.
So the price which I thought was totally justified for this big jar of massage gel which”ll last so long, turned out to be absurdly high. Then and there, I felt cheated. You know, I never understand why these companies make such big jars which have so small space inside. Dear company people, if you are reading this, then please understand we are not idiots. If you show the true quantity inside a product, we appreciate it and no…. you can’t fool us again and again. Only once …… basically you lose a customer. So VLCC lost a customer for their massage creams (I would have boycotted every product from the VLCC range but I am in love with their pedicure kit so made an exception. What can I do…)
So continuing my rambling, then I thought of giving it a benefit of doubt and reserving my final judgment after using it. The gel is thick and of light green color. It smells of lemons, which is quite refreshing. Now, as per the instructions, it’s supposed to be used with VLCC vita lift ampoule (I have only seen it along with platinum facial kit, not separately. but I haven’t bought it separately even, because I found it too sticky. ) I used it with rose water. This gel made my skin so sticky and after just 2-3 minutes massaging, it just sat on the top. Highly unsatisfactory for me. Still I used it regularly for a month or so. I didn’t see any difference caused by those vitamins, anti oxidants blah blah blah. The only upside is that VLCC is available pretty much everywhere. Other than that, this product was a disaster.
You might like reading these also:-