Bharat & Dorris Blush No.4 – Review, Swatches
About 2 mts earlier, I visited the Phoenix mall which has recently opened up in Pune. The mall is one of the largest I’ve ever seen with each floor having aapprox 20-25 outlets. It was on one of these floors that my hubby pointed out this store to me. Yes Gals, my hubby pointed out to me . I was too bewildered by the rush to notice but when he told me about it I was like Wow! A new store! Hubs himself being the sweetheart that he is, asked to pay a visit and browse to my hearts content. It was after 5mins that I realised he left me there so that he could go browse at an electronic gadgets store! Grrrrrr…..
Nevertheless, always making the best of every situation, I promptly forgot about him and proceeded to ogle to my hearts content. I came to know that this is the first Bharat & Dorris store in Pune. Hallelujah Girls!!! The guy at the counter told me about the various movies they have done makeup for and I was quite impressed but didn’t think much of it and proceeded to shop. Unfortunately the store had just opened and they didn’t accept card payments so I had to let some stuff go.. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The store had everything, from nail art stuff, to feather falsies, various articles of make up and oodles of my love.. BLUSHES! And this is the blush I ended up picking up….
Once I got home, I told A about it and it was her who told me about how famous B&D is in the world of makeup..So yey! I’m 1% less makeup gavaar now hehe…For those of you who’d like to read more, check out their site here:
P.S. Did you know they did the makeup for Deepika Padukone in OSO and won an award for it too??? Cool right?
Ultra satin and lightweight powder, brushes on to a smooth finish. Perfectly pigmented, color never looks dry or flat and is great for contouring face shapes. Layer up for stronger color, or tone it down.
- Price: INR 390
- Quantity: 5.2gms
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush/shadow is packaged exactly like MAC or NYX blushes in a round pan with black plastic packaging with a see through lid and shade details on the bottom. Its quite sturdy and has already survived 2 trips without a single scratch!
- Color: This blush can be best described as a rosey pink shade and is heavy on the pink… It has no shimmer at all and is great for daily wear.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush is very silky to the touch and ok-ok in the pigmentation department. Its not too intense and is very easily buildable. I myself need to dip in multiple times; not that I mind it since I prefer to slowly build a color instead of being extra cautious. For this reason also, I’d recommend these blushes to for starters since this shade is easy to play with.The texture is very smooth and doesn’t get patchy at any point. So Thumbs up to them!
- Staying Power: It stays on me for about 6-7hrs or so and then starts fading gradually. Its pretty easy to clean as well and doesn’t require rubbing hard like a lot of other blushes.
- Application:I just pat once and sweep it with a blush brush from the apple of my cheek to the temples in a ‘C’ shape. I don’t tap the brush after dipping since the brush picks up the right amount with a single dip. If I want to build it up, I follow with multiple swipes.
What I liked about Bharat & Dorris Blush No.4
- Its a lovely rosey shade which will suit Indian skin tones.
- Its buildable and gr8 for those who are starting to use blush and are scared of using too much.
- The staying power is commendable.
- Texture is smooth and doesn’t get patchy at all.
- Very easy on the pocket.
- Quantity is quite a lot and will last a long time.
Swatches of Bharat & Dorris Blush No.4
What I do not like Bharat & Dorris Blush
- Not easily available.
- Their site doesn’t give much clarity on the products
- Overall – 4/5
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Have any of you used B&D products? If so, which would you recommend?
You might like reading these also:-
- L’oreal Paris Chrome Shine Eyeshadow: Midnight Stars & Sepia Sparkle Swatches
- Aroma Magic Green Tea Mask Antioxidant Pack Review
- Body Shop Shampoo Suggestions
- Bridal Eye Makeup Tutorial – Red and Bronze Bridal Look From 88 Palette
- Bharat And Dorris T-Zone Mattifier review
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review