It’s wedding season and I thought of doing a simple bridal look, you can check out one recent bridal look done by Ana here. I chose red and bronze because these colors are the central colors that any bride wears on her special day. So quickly get started with the look :-
- Step1: Prep up your eyelid
I started off with applying a concealer and blended it onto the clean lid. Then I used a skin colored shimmery e/s all over the lid starting from the inner corner upto the eyebrows.
- Step2: Apply eyeshadows
I used the e/s no.2 & 3 (refer the products used image) and placed it in the center of the eyelid blending it both inwards and outwards but focusing it mainly at the center only. Then using a big fluffy brush I used e/s no.4 on the crease area just to get the socket more defined.
- Step3: Create Depth & Highlight
Then to add more depth and precision I drew a line on my socket area using a black e/s and an angular brush , then blended the line. After the blending is done, I again highlighted the brow bone using no.1 e/s (on the inner corner and on brow bone).
Then I curled my lashes and used two coats of mascara, made a thick winged liner and filled in my waterline with a kohl.
- Avoid using foundations with spf, they don’t go with flash photography.
- As bridal makeup is always expected to be dark and convincing, and required to stay for a long long time, I would suggest any of you (bride-to-be) to get your eyes done first rather than getting the face base done. This is because working with eye shadows (dark or shimmery) may ruin your foundation. Once you’re done with eye makeup, you can clean out all falls with a cosmetic wipe, then get the rest of your face done.
- Its essential to get a e/s base which will hold onto your e/s for very long hours without creasing.
- Use false eyelashes only if you have tried them before, else you might feel quite a lot of weight on your eyes because of so much makeup + false eye lashes too.
- Use concealer very well to hide any blemishes on your face and around your eyes to hide puffiness/blemishes/dark circles etc.
- Because your makeup artist will use a lot of shimmery stuff on your face, therefore Use a matte face powder or a translucent powder to set your makeup.
- Don’t go for very dark blush, because your eyes would be heavily done + your lips will be heavily loaded with lipstick so as to last long. Just opt for a slightly contoured face, with very light blush and highlighted cheek bones.
- For lips, first line them using a similar lip pencil matching the lip shade you want to apply. Fill in the lips with the lip pencil, blot it using a tissue, then fill in your lips with the lip stick, then again blot it, again re-apply the lip stick and blot it. Finally apply the lipstick and you’re done. Using a gloss would not be a good idea, because lip glosses don’t last long + you won’t be able to reapply the gloss while sitting on the stage
- Use long lasting smudge proof kohl for your water line, or you can even use gel eyeliners, they don’t smudge, don’t irritate the eyes, are waterproof and last for hours.
- Nyx eye shadow Champagne
- Eye shadows no.2,3,4 from 88 palette
- Maybelline gel eyeliner
- Maybelline define a lash mascara
- MAC Carbon
- Loreal True Match concealer
Hope these tips and tutorial would be beneficial for all brides-to be in case I’ve missed something , then do share in the comment section below !!
You might like reading these also:-
- Halloween Eye Makeup Tutorial Rainbow Eyes
- MAC Swell Baby Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD
- Wise She Mega NYX Giveaway Winners!!
- NYX Liquid Eye Liner Gold 09 Photos & Swatches
- 4 Different Style Of Eyeliners Tutorial
- NYX Single Eyeshadow Rust Photos & Swatches
- NYX Champagne Eyeshadow Photos & Swatches