Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry Review
I am a total Blush lover and when I saw this on Ebay I grabbed it immediately. Covergirl & Olay have come together to created a line of cream blushes and I was so curious to know how the product was.
Product Claim & Usage:
Creamy color defines cheekbones and stays suspended over fine lines and wrinkles for flatteringly flawless coverage. The Olay Regenerist Serum inside is infused with vitamins, skin conditioners, and anti-oxidants that actually help improve skin texture to give you an instantly healthy-looking, youthful glow.
- Price: $10.99
- Quantity: 12g
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush is packaged in a totally new manner…atleast to me.. The blush is in a small thick bottomed round pan. The screw top lid is huge especially since its other side flips open to a small white spongy applicator.
- As visible in the picture below, the packaging is very sturdy albeit a but heavy. The shade pot has a transparent base and I store this facing upwards so that it becomes easier to spot the shade.
- Color: The colors is a nice smooth plum peach shade. There are no shimmers or frosty look to it either. This is a straight and warm matte shade. The white color swirls which are visible is the Olay Serum and is not really pigmented at all. So it doesn’t affect the blush shade too much. At the most it just lightens the shade by .25% (if I had to measure it).
- Texture & Pigmentation: As visible in the swatch picture, the blush is highly pigmented and very very soft. Hence, its very easy to go overboard with this and has to be used carefully.
- Availability: This blush isn’t available in India but can be bought through relatives abroad. Its easily available in the US and can be found at any drugstore counter which sells Covergirl products.
- Staying Power: The staying power is quite decent at 4hrs or so. Then it starts fading evenly and does leave a tint of color on the cheeks. In air conditioned atmosphere this would last longer for sure.
- Application: I use a stippling brush to apply this. I just dab it twice in the pot and apply on my cheeks in small swirling motions towards my temples and blend. You can dip in again for more if required. I’d suggest starting with just 1-2 dips so as to get the feel of it first. The fact that its so pigmented results in a couple of mishaps and clown cheeks at times..
Swatches of Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
- Fab Pigmentation
- Sturdy and chic packaging
- Comes with an applicator sponge
- Color is easy to spread and is very buildable
- Texture is soft and not at all difficult to use
- Decent staying power.
- Quantity is quite a lot! 12g won’t ever finish!
- Didn’t break me out at all.
- Wish it had a mirror for touchups.
- Availability is an issue. One can only get it online or through relatives residing abroad.
Wise She Ratings:
- Overall – 4/5
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 2.5/5