This is another goodie I picked up at an auction on Ebay. I had used this before and after it got over I realised I couldn’t find it anywhere. Hence when I saw this on Ebay, I was pleasantly surprised and bid for it. Wonder of wonders, I won and I bagged this baby for approx. 700 bucks including shipping
Coming to the lip balm, this is a lip balm from the La Mer company which is super famous abroad for their skincare products since they are infused with various minerals and extracts and secret formula’s which make your skin glow.
I suffer from sensitive skin and my lips are no exception. If the lipstick I’m wearing is not a moisture rich one, then my lips get super dry and start flaking. So much so, that there was a point in time when my lips would flake very single day and I used to go on a lipstick hiatus which I didn’t like. Then an aunt of mine introduced me to this wonder and I’ve never looked back. This is one of my miracle Lbs.
About Crème De La Mer:
Fortified with a potent concentration of Miracle Broth™, this luxurious balm softens roughness on contact, relieves discomfort and helps heal seriously dry lips. A patented Lip Lipid Complex delivers moisture and strengthens the delicate barrier to help prevent further damage. Lips look and feel smoother, softer, plumper.
- Benefits – Warm balm with fingertip and apply with a light, patting motion on lips, above and below the lip line. Wait a few minutes before applying lip color. Worn all day, lips are constantly protected. Applied at night, lips are renewed by morning.
- Ingredient List:Apart from the most famed Miracle Broth, it contains minerals and botanical and biological ingredients as well. Their specially patented lip lipid system is what helps retain the moisture in the lips.
- Original Price: 45$
- Quantity: .32oz
My take on the La Mer Lip Balm
I have always had sensi lips. Whenever I’d use certain brands of lipsticks I’d get a horrible allergy. Infact, I used to be allergic to the old Lakme formula too. I used to get those red welts on the border of my lips which would hurt for days and then all the skin would flake. Suffice to say it was not a pretty sight. Hence, when I found out how this worked I was totally impressed and wanted to share this with you.
- Packaging: This Balm as seen, comes in a tiny but thick and hard glass tub with a screw top lid. I have the old one with the white plastic lid, but I believe they have revamped this with a silver metallic lid now. Its very easy to carry around and slip into your purse or bag.
- Fragrance & Color: It has a very mild minty fragrance which is extremely pleasant. Its not a too strong, in-your-face kind of a scent. The balm itself is off-white in color and is semi transparent as well.
- Application: I just rub my finger in the tub and warm it for a bit so that it glides easily. If this is not done, the formula gets too tough to scoop out. Once warmed just apply directly on the lips.
On application, your lips may feel tingly but not to worry this doesn’t affect your skin adversely. I actually like this tingly sensation
- Effects: I apply this usually at night. And especially when I’ve used a matte finish lippy or a particularly drying gloss like from MAC or Lakme since my lips tend to start flaking then. I just apply this and go to sleep and by the next morning my lips are all pretty and smooth again.
What I liked about Crème De La Mer Lip Balm
- The fragrance is mild and very pleasant.
- It has a minty feel to it which feels really nice without being drying.
- It actually DOES work on my lips and repairs them withing 5-6hrs.
- Very moisturizing and heals chapped lips pretty quickly.
- I love the tingly feel to it.
- Packaging is very travel friendly
What I do not like about Crème De La Mer Lip Balm
- Availability is an issue
- Would have been more hygienic if packaged in a tube form
Will I buy it again:Yes. Yes, A thousand times YES!!! anything that can repair my lips in under 24hrs will always be welcome!
- Overall -4.5/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
- Availability: 2/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Balm Clear Crystal & Peach Crystal
- Seductive Eye Makeup With The Balm Shady lady palette
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Swatches & Photos
- Revlon Colorburst 016 Bordeaux Lipgloss Review & FOTD
- Laura Mercier Lipstick Pixie Review & Swatches
- Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Fire Review,Swatch & FOTD