I found something really lifesaving and I though I’ll share it with you all only after I try it myself at least for a couple of weeks… But its soooo good that I really lost my patience and started writing this
Some of you may be familiar to this magical cleansing called ‘Oil Cleansing Method’ its also called OCM.
I read about it long ago but never gave it a try. The other day I tried a Deep Cleansing with oil mask as suggested by Ana on this blog and saw my skin really – actually – literally Glow! [Thanks Ana for the wonderful post!] And then I remembered reading about this method and thought of giving it a try.
My skin is quite oily and acne prone. OCM is supposed to be good for any kind of skin!
I’ll try to keep the post really short, since you’ll find all the info on net anyways.
So, OCM is basically cleaning your face ONLY with OIL!
For this minimum 2 oils are suggested.
- Castor oil – which is a MUST. This acts as a cleanser and clears out the entire gunk.
- This can be the oil of your choice – Olive Oil , Coconut Oil , Almond Oil etc. Depending on your skin type.
Castor oil will make the skin dry too. So the drier your skin, the lesser amount of Castor oil you need. For my oily skin I’m using 2 parts of castor oil and rest 3 parts are actually a mix of Oilve oil, coconut oil, almond oil and I also mixed a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil.
Take good amount of oil in palms; almost make a small puddle of oil. No need to clean your face before this, neither do you need a scrub. Massage your face and neck in small circular motions for about 4/5 minutes. You feel some dead skin, and black/white heads coming out too.
Then Dip a wash cloth/face towel in hot water and put it on the face-this is basically to steam the face, not to scald the skin so be careful that the temperature is comfortable enough.Wait until the towel is room temperature, repeat for about 2-3 times and wipe your face with the warm towel until you feel the oil is gone.
To close the pores wash face with cold water and follow with a toner/face pack/moisturizer, depending on how dry or comfortable your skin feels.
Do this everyday, preferably in the nights.
- OCM works on the principle that only oils can remove the oils in the skin
- OCM will bring out all the dirt hiding deep inside the skin every time little by little
- Some do this daily some on alternate day.
- While using this method, its suggested that you do not use any other face wash etc. stuff on the face, since skin is getting used to this and needs time to settle.
- There may be some new breakouts initially but give the skin some time, they will vanish soon
- Until you find a right mix for your skin type, keep changing the percentage of the 2 oils.
I love the results so far and I would totally recommend OCM to every one of you!
Do try and share your experience here J
You might like reading these also:-
- Aroma Madanadi Ubatan Review
- Sunsilk Stunning Black Shine Shampoo Review
- POND’s Daily Face Wash Active Cleansing System Review
- 5 Skin Care Home Remedies That Worked For Me
- Home Made Hair Oil For Hair Fall
- Oily & Limp Hair Problem