MAC Semi Precious collection is going to be launched this friday (21st Oct) in Hyderabad & Bangalore.I am not sure whether it has been launched in Delhi or Mumbai yet. These are limited edition and are inspired by twelve earthy shades.
Shades available :-
- Blue Sheen Melange of navy, black, peach (Limited Edition)
- Clarity Melange of light pink, off white green, gold, and black (Limited Edition)
- Dark Indulgence Melange of forest green and black (Limited Edition)
- Faux Gold Melange of coral, gold, lime, bronze (Limited Edition)
- Golden Glaze Melange of gold and black (Limited Edition)
- Hint of Sapphire Melange of pink, violet, teal, copper, blue (Limited Edition)
- Jade’s Fortune Melange of bright yellow, blue, lime, black (Limited Edition)
- Mineral Mode Melange of white base with copper and gray (Limited Edition)
- Quartz Fusion Melange of soft pink, silver, deep pink (Limited Edition)
- Rare Find Melange of violet, brown, gold (Limited Edition)
- Smoked Ruby Melange of burgundy and black (Limited Edition)
- Unsurpassable Melange of green, teal, purple, copper (Limited Edition)
- Packaging – These eyeshadow are of the size of the MAC compact and they can not fit in the Pro palette. It has a round, transparent, plastic flap over it which makes it easy to pick up the shades if one owns a number of them. The eyeshadow looks really pretty and looks like a mini baked earth fitted into a small pan.
- Price – Rs1150 approx
This kind of eyeshadow works the best when applied wet though the pay off. Unsurpassable Eyeshadow looks tad more pigmented when used wet.One surely needs an eye primer underneath these eyeshadows to get a good colour pay off otherwise there is lot of fall in these. I personally like using it over a paint pot, that way it stays long with less fall and good finish.
- Color – It’s a semi sheer shade with shade of purple and teal in it and oodles of different colour shimmer in it. If swatched dry, it doesn’t come out as pretty. I experienced lot of fall with it when dry and I was not able to apply evenly. Pigmentation does get better when wet and the copper and silver shimmer is more apparent.
- Staying power– Even if I use a primer underneath it starts fading after three hours.
- Texture – It’s satiny and smooth and blending is easy with it.
Swatches of MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow
Lighter shade in both the picture is dry and darker is wet.
It’s a semi sheer greyish light olive shade and I wish there could be more green or purple in it the way it comes out in the pan.
There is quite a bit of grey shimmer fall out in these therefore I am not that much impressed with the shade.I tried 2-3 looks with it which didn’t turned out as pretty as I wanted them to be. I would have worked more on the eye makeup look and showed you some but I wanted to review it and show you the swatches of it before the collection gets sold out in the store.
Recommendation- You can pick these eye shadows if you are fond of mineralize makeup otherwise I won’t recommend this shade atleast..I personally would like to pick smoked ruby which is a beautiful dark burgundy brown shade rather than this one.
Wise She Rating –
- Overall – 3.5/5
- Pigmentation – 3.5/5
- Packaging -4.5/5
- Staying power – 3/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Products To Protect From Sun Tan On Beaches
- Magic Fruit Extract Range Saffron Fairness Massage Cream Review
- Arabic Eye Makeup In Olive Green (Eye Makeup Tutorial )
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- Nail Polish Remover Pads/Tissues China Li Ya Review
- MARC CAIN Unveils Autumn Winter 2011 Collection
Product sent by company for consideration but it has not affected our review. Our priority will always be you.