Milani Bronzer Review
Today I will be reviewing a bronzer I got some time back. I usually wouldn’t have bought it without checking thoroughly but it was on auction on ebay and I decided to try my luck. And wonder of wonders, I WON!
Product Claims :-
Get a warm, sunny, radiant glow without the damaging effects of the sun.
It’s an instant tan-in-a-pan in 3 perfect shades that compliments all skin tones.
- Usage – Dab the brush into color and lightly tap off excess powder. Lightly apply to cheeks, forehead, chin and/or nose and blend well for sun-kissed look.
- Tips: It is best to use a big brush when applying bronzer which avoids streak like marks which can make you look dirty rather than luminous. Choose a color a few shades darker than your skin tone.
- Price: $5.99
- Quantity: 10g
Talc, Corn Starch, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Isostearate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT. +/- May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Greens (CI 77289), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush comes in the usual compact pan with a plastic see-through flip top lid. The lid has the brand name, range name and the quantity printed on it. The shade name, number and ingredients are printed on the back. The lid is actually a bit hard to open up and I always ensure I do it at my vanity to avoid it falling and breaking.
- Pigmentation: This does have a decent pigmentation as required for a bronzer or for a contour shade. It is not overly dark and its pretty hard to over do it. It does have a tiny bit of shimmer in it, but nothing OTT, hence its safe to be used as a contouring shade as well.
- Color & Texture: As visible in the swatch, its a medium brown shade and would suit those on the fairer side or else it may not be too visible. The texture of the powder is very very soft and non-abrasive like a lot of bronzers I’ve used in the past. There is hardly any fall out and is easy to blend as well.
- Staying Power: This is my only bone of contention with this product. It doesn’t last for more than 3-4hrs on my cheeks. Though it fades pretty evenly I would still like it to stay longer.
- Cost & Availability: This brand is a very affordable brand in itself. Its a drugstore product and is available easily abroad. I have seen this at some select beauty stores but only 1-2 pieces and no variety at all.If anyone is interested in buying them, they are available at cherryculture.com, ebay and nonpareilboutique as well.
Swatches of Milani Powder bornzer Radiant
What I liked about Milani Bronzer Radiant
- Very easy to blend.
- Very inexpensive
- The tiny shimmer particles really do lend a glow to the face.
- Quantity is soooooooooo much that I wonder when it will get over
- The texture is so fine and easy to use and hence, very very minute fall out.
- Has a see-thru top so its easy for us to identify the shade
- The packaging is very sturdy, sleek and easy to carry around
What I do not like about Malini Bronzer Radiant
- Contains Parabens
- Staying power leaves a lot to be desired.
- Availability in India is a big problem
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 3/5
Which are your fav bronzers and contouring shades?
You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder 030 Sunkiss Swatches, Photos
- Katrina Kaif Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)
- Rendezvous With An Unknown Friend
- Faces Metaliglow 03, 01, 02 Photos & Swatches
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)