I bought this along with NARS Lokoum reviewed earlier on WiseShe. This shade I bought simply to experiment since I’d never used such a dark shade in the past. And being a huge plum shade fan I though this would be perfect to try out to up the ante. Honestly, it took me a long time to learn to use this shade and thought I should definitely share these tips with all of you who like me are not confident about wearing dark plum and similar dense shades.
NARS cream-to-powder cheek color glazes cheeks with a sheer, glowing finish that’s never greasy. Apply over freshly moisturized skin or over foundation for gorgeous color that lasts all day – and is nearly impossible to overdo.
- Provides a sheer, natural hint of color
- Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness
- Broad selection of shades
Price: $27 approx.
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush comes in the traditional NARS pan packaging in a very sturdy, travel-friendly rectangular pan. Its has a flip top lid and has the brand mentioned on the front and the shade name and quantity details on the back.
It also comes with a mirror on the lid which is very useful for touchups. This sorta mono pan is one which anyone would be proud to carry along.
- Color: This shade is described as a rich mahogany shade on the site. It looks very flat and uninteresting in the pan or so I thought. But once its applied it can totally change your mind. I know this coz it changed mine. I never dreamt this shade could look as it does.
- When I use it, it comes off as a lovely berry shade which can be blended easily and gives me that ‘fresh as a daisy’ look. Initially, I thought it would made me look a tad bit dull but this is not the case. My face looks all glowy and fresh when I use this. Its the kind of shade which would suit both light as well as dusky skin tones..Extremely versatile.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is very highly pigmented, but that almost always expected from all NARS blushes. On my finger when swatched it looks too much of a metallic plum. But not to worry…When you blend this on your cheek, its comes off totally different. It can be built to be darker ofcourse but too much of a berry shade doesn’t look too good on me so I leave it at that. The blush in itself is very creamy and easy to apply.The blush has a velvety texture and feels very soft to the touch. It glides like a dream and it doesn’t take much blending expertise to use this.
Staying Power: The blush stays on for a long time; about 6-7hrs and fades pretty evenly and doesn’t look streaky at all.
- Application: I am always afraid of getting carried away with this shade so I always use my fingers or a stippling brush to apply this. The texture being so smooth makes it a gr8 experience to even use it with the fingers.
- Using Fingers: I just dip my finger and place 3 dots from the apple of my cheeks to the hairline and then dab and blend it out.
- With a Stippling brush: I just dab the brush in the pan twice and then dab from the hairline to the apple of my cheeks slowly bringing in the color. This helps me control the quantity of product being used and achieve that nice even blended look as well.
As I mentioned with Lokoum, don’t rub it into the cheeks in the process of blending. Its very easy to rub off the color or make the blush look unevenly applied. So just pat and blend or use the stippling brush for a nice blended finish.
- Cost & Availability: These blushes are definitely priced very high so its an investment to go in for such a blush.
NARS is not available in India yet and I got this from the Ebay for about INR 1000 including shipping.
Swatches of NARS Montengro
What I liked about NARS Blush Montenegro
- Its one of the shades which would suit both warm and cool toned persons.
- It comes with a mirror which is very useful for touch-ups.
- The quantity is sooooo much and so worth it since it’ll last a long long time.
- The texture is very silky and doesn’t take much of an effort to blend.
- Sturdy packaging is another huge plus point.
- Staying power is quite nice although I’m not sure how it would fare for those who work outdoors.
- Doesn’t make my face oily which is a huge plus point when it comes to cream blushes.
What I do not like about NARS Cream Blush Montenegro
- Availability is a huge problem. This brand is not available in India
- Its pretty pricey.
- Overall – 4/5
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 2.5/5
This is a one of a kind shade which a lot of us would think twice before buying. Would any of u try this shade or a similar one?
You might like reading these also:-
- Bobbi Brown Blush Sand Pink:Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Sunset inspired Yellow Eye Makeup
- NARS Dolce Vita :Swatches & Photos
- My Sleek Cosmetic Experience
- Milani Powder Bronzer Radiant: Swatches,Review, Photos
- Arabic Eye Makeup In Olive Green (Eye Makeup Tutorial )
- Revlon Custom Eyeshadow & Physician Formula Blush Sale