I bought this along with the NYX Coralicious Lip Lacquer Pot. I love this shade a lot since it’s more my kinda shade and easy to wear to work or for a nice shopping trip.
I stopped buying products packaged in such pots but once in a while when I see such cute ones with such fab shades, I simply can’t control myself. I went all loony and A is proof of my insanity!
About NYX Lip Lacquer Pots:
Drench your lips in this high-shine, high-impact lip lacquer in a portable pot. Whether applied over lipstick or worn solo, the results are always ultra-luminous. Available in 12 lip gloss shades.
- Price: $5.50 or 525 INR (Urban Touch is currently selling them for 420 INR)
- Quantity: 4gms
Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, PPG-3 Benzy Ether Myristate, Cholesteryl Hydroxystearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polyethylene, B.H.A., and Polyethylene Terephthalate. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), or FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140).
Shades of NYX Lip Lacquer Pot Okie Dokie
About NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Okie Dokie Artichokie:
- Packaging: This product comes in a cute and tiny pot which I love. I do wish it came with a brush applicator since I don’t really like dipping in with my fingers all the time to use this.
- Color: This shade is a tea rose pink with hints of peach. It also has tiny gold shimmers, but these are very few like flecks..So no full fledged shimmers in this at all. This again as a glossy finish and doesn’t look OTT at all.
- Texture: The gloss is a bit sticky as I’d mentioned before, but not overly so. For some odd reason I felt like coralicious was a bit stickier. This one is is really nice and moisturizing; hence no need to use a lip balm underneath.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: This gloss is well pigmented (but could be better) and gives medium to full coverage depending on how much you choose to apply. I usually layer on a thin layer since I love the subtle shade as opposed to the all out color since I can’t wear brighter shades to work.
- Staying Power: This balm stays on my lips for about 2.5hrs. I like this fact since usually glosses/ lip creams never stay this long on my lips without sinking in and making me look weird.
- Availability: These are available only at select stores in some cities. I got this from Cherryculture. Nyx is also available on urbantouch.com, cosmetix.in which are Indian retail sites. If you want to get it for a cheaper price, CherryCulture, porkdaisy.com amongst others also have these.
What I like about NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Okie Dokie Artichokie:
- The color is a lovely everyday shade regardless of whether you’re in college or working.
- Cheaper if bought at Dollar rate
- Gives full coverage on application.
- Sturdy packaging and easy to carry around
- Keeps the lips moisturized
- Cruelty free
What I don’t like about NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Okie Dokie Artichokie:
- Lack of an applicator
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5