I saw physicians formula cream liner on Ebay about 1-2 mts earlier and the minute I saw it I clicked the Buy button. And then AFTER buying I had that oh so familiar rush of guilt since I didn’t even know how good it was. So I then proceeded to check YouTube and other online reviews and thank god they were all positive reviews So after doing my happy dance I settled down and waited for this baby to arrive.
I love this trio from the very get go in fact. Every color is exactly what I wanted in cream eyeliners.
- Price: $ 10.95
- Quantity: 6g
My take on Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner Review
- Packaging: This is very well packaged in a cardboard and plastic covering. The liner jars themselves come in tiny square plastic containers with a screw top lid in metallic purple. This trio comes along with an applicator brush with a transparent handle and a plastic brush guard as well. As suggested, this is a stackable trio and can be arranged and arranged as one wishes. It also has its own lid unlike a lot of trios where the base of one shade tends to be the lid for the one below.
- Color: The shades in this trio can be described as a cool brown taupe, Lavender orchid (pink-purple), and black with orchid sparkles. The Lavender one is a tad bit on the lighter side and has a few silver sparkles. The black shade is a gr8 jet black with tiny lavender and pink sparkles. These don’t look OTT at all and are very tiny. The taupe shade is very much on the darker side and also has a bit of shimmer to it.
- Pigmentation & Texture: All 3 shades are super pigmented and ultimately creamy in texture. Once it sets though, there’s no budging it. Since all the shades are super duper creamy application takes a bit getting used to since it may streak a bit….being too creamy and all.
- Fragrance: I didn’t quite believe their fragrance-free claim and expected a mild cosmetic scent. But I was truly surprised that it really WAS fragrance free! Whohooo!! for all Sensi nosed ppl!
I have tried using the shades as prescribed above, but I find that I can carry out 2 shades max and still look good. The minute I add a 3rd shade I look like a cartoon.
- Staying Power: I haven’t tested their 24hr claim ( I don’t think I can stay awake that long!) But I have had this on for about 15hrs or so and yes! This does stay for a really long time without even fading or smudging.
On my lashline though it started fading after 10hrs or so which is still very very good. I’ve never used any kajal or liner which stayed put on my lids for more than 5hrs max, so this is a wonderful product surely.
- Cost & Availability: I hate the fact that this isn’t available in India. I picked this up from Ebay for INR 840 including shipping. Which is about 300 bucks more than what I would have paid had I gotten this from abroad directly. But I didn’t hesitate since its so often that I buy a liner for about 300-400 odd bucks, so in my eyes, getting 3 cream liners for 800 bucks was well worth it
Why I love this Trio:
- Very soft and glides like a dream. No tugging at all
- Dermatologist Approved
- Fragrance Free
- Staying power is awesome and it actually lasts long on the lower lashline as well.
- Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- it has tiny shimmers which are not OTT so these can be worn on a daily basis
- Paraben free
- You get 3 shades!
- These are stackable and are travel friendly too!
- Comes with an applicator
Why I don’t like this Trio
- Not available in India
- Overall – 4.5/5
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Applicator: 5/5
- Availability: 2/5
You might like reading these also:-
- WiseShe & Healthkart Rs2000 Gift Voucher Giveaway Winner
- My Haul On Wise She Recommendation
- 25 Swatches Of MAC Surf Baby Collection
- MAC Indianwood Paint Pot Review,Swatches & EOTD
- Revlon Naturally Glamorous Custom Eyeshadow & Liner Duo review
- Makeup Shopping List Ideas – Suggestions