Have you ever wanted a single makeup item that could take of 2-3 cosmetic needs at once? Ever felt like you’re torn in between wanting to travel light and still want to carry 3-4 extra make up items? Well, in that case, say Hello to TheBalm’s Hot Mama !!
I know the name does sound a bit racey but the blush is anything but that (actually come to think of it…it IS racey! ). I picked this from Strawberry.net 2 months back with the help of a pal and am thoroughly enjoying using it. I love multi-purpose products and this is one of them. It can be used as a highlighter for your cheeks and brows, but also as a blush and as an eye shadow too! Talk about multi-tasking right?
Doesn’t it look like a vintage collector’s item?? hehe..
Hot Mama provides subtle color for the eyes and cheeks in a warm rosy tone. This convenient flip-up compact puts beauty at your finger tips, while the magnetic case keeps the makeup clean and safe in your purse or pocket. This dynamic color blends well with most skin tones for a naturally sunny appearance.
Apply to the eyelids, and/or cheeks as desired.
- Dynamic, verstile color
- Comes in a sleek compact with magnet lip
- A warm, sunny rose color for most skin tones
- Puts beauty and glamour at your finger tips
- Ideal for all skin types
- Price: $17
- Quantity: 7gms
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush/shadow is packaged in book form. i.e. cardboard packaging with a flip top lid which is magnetic. I love the creative pin-up sorta picture and one liners they think up and mention on the front of the packaging..Its all so retro and brings a smile to the face even before you open it!
This packaging is totally travel friendly and the pan is firmly attached to the box without a chance of any mishaps.
- Color: This blush is described as a peachy pink shade with golden shimmers and the color does stay true to its description It gives this amazing ethereal hue to my face and makes my glow in a non-disco dancer style
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush is very very soft and intensely pigmented. I don’t refer to just the golden hue but the color as well. Both are very pigmented and one needs just a tiny bit for a single use. It does take some practice using it to gauge how much product is right for you but once that’s done, you’re set.
- Staying Power: It stays on me for about 5-6hrs or so. It pretty decent although I have never tried it as an eye shadow so that may differ.
- As a blush, I just sweep it with a fan/ blush brush from the pad of my cheek to the temples. I don’t use it on the apples of my cheek because I have a round face and the shimmer in the blush just highlight it furthermore.
- As a highlighter, again I use this with a fan brush and lightly apply on the high points of my cheeks.
- On my eyes, I haven’t used it as an eyeshadow but I’ve used it as a brow highlighter and it works perfectly this way. The only piece of advice is never to use this if you haven’t threaded your brows. If so, it just highlights the strays and it looks really really untidy
What I liked about The Balm Hot Mama Blush
- It had multiple uses. Hence I don’t have to carry as many products when on the go.
- Love the subtle peachy shade and the shimmers since they are not OTT and the shimmers aren’t chunky either.
- Texture is soft and is very very pigmented; so you wouldn’t need much.
- This will last an entire lifetime…if not 2!
- Staying power is quite good.
- Packaging is sturdy unlike a lot of boxed make up products.
- It has a mirror which is super useful for touch ups.
- Cruelty- free
What I do not like about The Balm hot Mama Blush
- Not available in India
- Not everyone would find the cardboard packaging comfortable to use.
- A bit on the pricier side
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 2.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Have any of you used this?
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- LA Girl Crème Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Makeup Suggestion For Karwa Chauth