A month back I visited Fab India and found three or four face packs in their display section.There was Fab India lavender face pack also which looked attractive but the I suddenly remembered Ashu review and bought Fab India Lemon and mint face pack instead.
The moment I opened the pack there was mint fragrance all around and reminded me of “Polo-mint with a hole” which I use to have years ago
About Fab India Lemon And Mint Face Pack
Enriched with natural astringent lemon oil and cooling mint oil, this face pack uses fuller’s earth as base and helps cleanse , lightens and soothe the skin.Especially recommended for oily skin.
Fuller’s earth, Olive oil, Turmeric powder, Oatleam powder, Lemon oil, Peppermin oil, Glycerine, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Imid Urea.
- How to apply Face Pack – Mix a spoonful of face pack with Rose water or plain water.Apply on face, neck and arms in upward direction.Leave on for 7-8 minutes.Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Packaging – Pack comes in a round china clay pot with a flat black colour wooden cover which looks attractive but I am hating its packaging because it’s just not travel friendly.Although face pack ingredients are packed in a zip pouch but it still created lot of mess.It also comes with a small wooden spoon .Fab India basically tries to give its face pack traditional look which is kind of interesting but not travel friendly
- Price – INR 275
My Experience with Fab India Lemon And Mint Face Pack
When I first used this pack I used around two spoon of it and mixed it in rose water and applied it on my face .To my horror my face started burning and because of the presence of mint in it my tears were rolling out of my eyes without any emotion :.Face pack thankfully got dried fast with in 7-8 minutes and when I washed my face I did see a bit of tan being removed off from my face.
Next time I tried the face pack again and this time I guess I used little more quantity than the previous one and I had tough time keeping it on my face.My whole face went red and I had to remove the pack immediately which might be becuase of the extreme cooling mint sensation which it gave.
Third time I applied a thin layer of the pack and sat under sun for till the pack was on my face and it worked pretty fine.The reason I was applying and trying this pack again and again because I did see the pack removing bit of tan on my face and was controlling oil too.But I must warn you that its not for sensitive skin at all and is best suited for oily or combination to oily skin.As the pack makes one feel extremely icy therefore using it in summer is a better option rather than in winter where the mint oil might take you in Ice age.
Pack dries fast and has very very strong mint fragrance so if you are not fond of it then stay away.My husband hates that kind of smell and even after removing the pack he use to get irritated by its fragrance so some of you might detest its smell big time.
Though pack claims to be good for oily skin I right not have combination dry skin and it didn’t over dry my skin .I did lather up lot of moisturizer after using it but that is expected after one uses fuller earth face pack atleast.
Product live up to it claim of cleanse and lighten the skin and I have started using the pack quite often now. Quantity of the product is decent enough and will last long .Also, skin lightening effects are temporary and will last for few hours and it wont bring any glow to the face.
What I liked about Fab India Lemon And Mint Face Pack
- It removes tan and soften the skin
- Cleans skin throughly
- Not very expensive and easily available.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin
- Good herbal ingredient (It has Imid Urea as one of its ingredients I Googled it but didn’t get any answer so not sure about it)
- It has very very strong mint oil fragrance which gives extreme cooling sensation so will suit only in summer
- Not meant for sensitive skin at all.
- Not so travel friendly packaging.
- One has to be careful with its quantity.
- Overall – 3.5/5
- Effectiveness – 4/5
- Price – 3.5/5
- Oriflame Essentials Fairness Lotion Reviews
- Aroma Magic Chocolate Cream Pack Review
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Nov Week1)
- Sleek Makeup Pout Polish Bare Minimum 963 Review & Swatches
- Aurita Naturals Moisturizer Almond Sunflower Review
- Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush Lush Berry :Review Swatches