I’m all excited, elated and nervous as this is my first review ever!!
(Waiting for applause…..)
Sigh! Okay,never mind. Let’s get on with the review
I’ve been eyeing this product for a while now. Earlier this used to be called Mannings body butter and was packaged in a flat white plastic tub (similar to TBS body butter). So when I saw the totally revamped packaging, I couldn’t resist n I picked this up
FYI: Mannings is Hong Kong’s version of Health&Glow
What Health & Glow Claims:-
Strawberry treats your skin to a rich, moisturizing cream and also will soften and smoothen the skin.
Water, Glycerine, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Sweet almond oil, Sesame oil, Lavender oil, Vitamin E, Strawberry extract
(Isn’t that the most beautiful list of ingredients you’ve seen?! )
- Quantity: 100 ml
- Price: 169 INR
- Shelf life: 24 months from date of manufacture
- Availability: available at all Health&Glow outlets
- Packaging – It comes in a clear plastic tub and the label tempts you with images of fresh strawberries. The tub is the EXACT same size as Fabindia tub (yeah…I measured ). It even comes with the exact same white lid so the product won’t spill. I know some ppl don’t prefer tub packaging but I find it apt for body butter… plus there’ll be no wastage
How to use Body Butter
Scoop out with your fingers and massage into your skin as often as required
Color and Consistency:
It’s a pale pink colored cream. Neither too thick nor too runny…perfect consistency for a body cream. I was initially worried if would be all greasy and sticky since it’s body “butter” after all and the weather is very humid where I live. I used it after a warm bath and the cream just melted into my skin. It sank in really fast and to my surprise there was no greasiness at all!
The primary reason I bought this was for the smell. I love strawberries! Sure enough, when I opened the tub an irresistibly yummmm smell filled the air. The scent isn’t of fresh strawberries. It smells exactly like bubblegum. I slathered it on and imagining that I smelled like a giant strawberry candy, I sauntered into the room, hoping to make heads turn as they closed their eyes and whiffed the air (just like in all the commercials ). But nothing of the sort happened! Seeing no reaction I went to my hubby and asked him, “So…do u smell anything?”
Hubby (sniffing): No
Me (getting impatient): Do u smell strawberries?
Hubby (sniffing vigorously): Err…no
Me (almost stuffing my arm into his nose): How bout now?
Hubby: Aah! yes
(Finally!!) I sniffed my skin and realized he was right. The smell was really mild. So this is good news for those who have a sensitive nose or those who don’t like strong fragrances.
I have very dry, itchy skin on my legs and this cream worked wonders for me. I especially tend to itch terribly after depilation. So I put this to the acid test and used it right after shaving. First of all, it didn’t burn… so it reassured me that the ingredients are all natural. Secondly my skin never felt itchy for more than 4 to 6 hours!! Am completely amazed since I’ve tried so many creams and nothing has worked like this. I used it after epilating and it soothed the redness. Needless to say, am in love with this product
(I just realized how odd my hand looks! )
What I like about H&G Strawberry body butter:
- Non-greasy. Gets absorbed easily
- Moisturizes for 4 to 6 hours
- Soothes itchy, irritated skin
- Has a lovely, mild, bubblegum fragrance
- Spill-proof & travel-friendly packaging
- Can be used in both summer and winter
- Reasonably priced
- 1 tub can easily last 2 months if used carefully
- Natural ingredients
- Not tested on animals
- Does what it claims
What I did not like about H&G Strawberry body butter:
- Availability may be an issue if u don’t have H&G outlets in your city
- Tub packaging can be unhygienic
- Some may not like the bubblegum fragrance
- May not suit very oily skin
- Complete list of ingredients is not given
- Not for internal consumption (Sorry…couldn’t help adding that )
Will I repurchase? This is a rhetorical question after this review. But anyway…Yessss!!
- Quality : 5/5
- Packaging : 4.5/5
- Fragrance : 5/5
- Effectiveness : 5/5
- Price : 4/5