I’ve always wanted MAC blushes and was stuck with Warm Soul for a long long time and was craving for a MAC blush with all my heart. My prayer were all answered by my bro who got me not 1 and not 2, but SIX MAC blushes as a delayed Rakhi gift on his recent trip….I cannot even express how happy I felt..I’m literally getting goosebumps while writing this…that’s how excited I am
This was the second blush I used after Dolly Mix and wanted to review it for you gals. You must have seen the swatch of this shade done my A earlier….Here’s a few more details about it..
- Price:INR 1100
My take on the MAC DollyMix Blush:
- Packaging: The blush comes in the classic round black and see through panel which is a trademark packaging from MAC. Where for other brands I would be rooting for a mirror or a brush, in the case of MAC I don’t even harbour 1% of such expectations. The fact that I have a MAC is enough to satisfy me.
- Color: The color itself is a muted fuschia pink which to me looks like it has a bit of an ethereal touch to it. This may be because on swatching it seems like there is a layer of frost on it, although thank god its isn’t densely frosty. Also, this is one of those colors which is best to create a flushed look.
- Texture: Now this is the main part. The texture is a Sheertone Shimmer. Hence as obvious, the shade is a sheer type with a tiny bit of shimmer. Usually its because of the shimmer that I’d stay away from using a blush; but in this case, the shimmer is very tiny and kinda unnoticeable. So I have no qualms before using this even to work. The powder has a satiny feel to it and is quite easy to blend.
- Pigmentation: When I saw this shade initially I thought I’d made a huge mistake in listing it in my wishlist but couldn’t believe I could make such a mistake after my relentless research. The minute I swatched it, my faith was restored This blush is not as bright and Jhataak as it looks. It’s in fact, quite sheer and gives a nice wash of color to the face.
- Staying Power: This blush stays for eons on my cheeks….ok, maybe not eons..but about 8hrs aaraaamm se. After that it starts fading graduallyuntil I’m left with just a tint of pink on my cheeks Gosh! It even sound pretty
- Application: I use a normal round blush brush and sweep the shade from my temples to the apples of my cheeks. I use it this way because this shade is a brighter pink and I have a round face. Hence, directing more color to the apples of my cheeks will only make my face look rounder. Hence I sweep it the other way round so that the major color is applied on the sides of my cheeks and only the lightest wash of color is left on the apples of my cheeks and then blend. If I need to add some more color also, I add it to the sides only.
Pros of MAC DollyMix Blush:
- The color and texture of this shade is amazing. Its such a beautiful shade which is not over powering and just enhances your natural beauty instead of just layering.
- Staying power is decent.
- I couldn’t detect any fragrance at all.
- Nil fallout till date.
- I’ve travelling with it and it didn’t break.
- The lid is see through so its handy to identify the colors amongst others.
- Easy to blend.
- And last but not least…its a MAC!!!
Cons of MAC DollyMix Blush:
- Pretty pricey for a single blush…At times I wish MAC would have a sale or a warehouse sale atleast once a year in my city.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
You Might Like Reading these also:
- OPI Nail Lacquer I’m Indi-a Mood for Love Review & Swatches
- MAC Paint Pot Suggestions
- Sleek Makeup Up Pout Powder Pink Polish SPF15 Reviews
- Places To Shop In Delhi- Kryolan, Khadi, MAC etc
- MAC Sheen Supreme Can’t Get Enough Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Sally Hansen Luminizing Face Primer Review