I have always liked peel off masks because they are so exciting to use..I always envisage my crappy skin and then using a peel off mask and then after peeling Voila! I’d see fabulous new skin!
Whenever I see peel off masks, I always remember the Everyuth orange peel off masks which were the first of its kind to enter Indian markets. Incidentally it was the same time the Mission Impossible series was released and I recall using this mask and while removing it, I’d pretend I was one of the agents unmasking their disguise! Hehe…Funny and kiddish I know, but great memories nonetheless
Product Claim & Description
Whitening Mask that Peels impurities / dead cells to help reveal a lightened complexion in 10 minutes
- Ingredients: AQUA, ALCOHOL DENAT., POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PVP, POLYSORBATE 20, SORBITOL, SAXIFRAGA SARMENTOSA EXTRACT, VITIS VINIFERA, PARFUM, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METABISULFITE, SODIUM SULFITE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, DISODIUM EDTA, MORUS BOMBYCIS EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS EXTRACT, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CARICA PAPAYA, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA EXTRACT, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, CITRONELLOL, LIMONENE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LINALOOL, PHENOXYETHANOL
- Price: INR 449
- Quantity:75 ml
About Oriflame Optimals White Peel Off Mask
- Packaging – As visible the product comes in tube form with a flip top. Its pretty sturdy and travel friendly as well. The tube packaging ensures hygiene is maintained as well.
- Texture & Color– This peel has a thick texture and is totally transparent without a hint of any color. Its not too thick so spreading it on the face is not a problem at all.
- Fragrance – It has a kinda pungent fragrance which is a bit irritating. But I haven’t seen a peel-off mask which doesn’t have this kind of a fragrance so I suppose it can’t be helped. Those with sensi noses though will definitely not like this.
- Application & Effectiveness – I use this on my skin after cleansing thoroughly. I use a thin layer to cover the entire surface of my face. Firstly, the claim of drying within 10mins is so fake! It took about 20-25mins to dry even though I sat right under the fan (this was actually to dissipate the smell which irked me a tad bit too much). Removal is pretty easy and the entire thing came off in one single go so I didn’t have to keep poking at my face I did feel the tightening sensation with this which is only one of its very very few redeemable points.
- Now for the whitening claim. I will admit my skin did look pretty bright (not white )after I peeled the mask off. However this effect didn’t last more than half a day. Possibly this could be used a couple of hours before going for a party, but if you wana do this a day or 2 prior then forget about it. The effects don’t last that long at all. I was so disappointed with this. I was hoping this would help remove my tan but it didn’t work at all. Withing 6hrs or so my skin was back to its normal self.
- It is said to help remove black heads as well but I don’t really have them so can’t comment on that front. But then again, if I wanted something for blackheads, I’d just buy a blackhead removal strip instead of spending so much on this.
Pros for Oriflame Optimals White Peel Off Mask:
- Packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.
- Tightens the skin well.
Cons for Oriflame Optimals White Peel Off Mask:
- Doesn’t stand to its main claim of whitening.
- Doesn’t dry in 10mins as claimed.
- The brightening effect doesn’t last for more than half a day.
- Too pricey for a product which doesn’t work.
- A lot of product is needed for a single use so this is bound to get over in 4-5 uses.
- Availability is subject to finding a representative
- Fragrance is too pungent.
- Effectiveness: 2/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 2/5