I have oily skin but it was flawless but that’s a once upon a story for me now . Saslic Face Wash is prescribed by dermatologists to oily-skinned acne prone gals.
What the Product Claim & Description:
Saslic Face Wash is foaming face washes containing salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps in removing dead cells from the skin surface and in deep cleansing of the pores. It prevents formation of blackheads and pimples.
- Ingredients: Salicylic Acid IP – 1%
- This is what Cipla has to say about the ingredient: Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent. It encourages the peeling of the top layer of the skin and opening up of the plugged follicles, which helps re-establish the normal skin- cell replacement cycle. For milder acne, salicylic acid helps unclog pores to resolve and prevent lesions. It does not have any effect on the production of the sebum or P. acnes. Like many other topical acne treatments, salicylic acid must be used continuously, even after acne lesions have healed.
- Price: 150 INR
- Quantity: 60 ml
- Packaging: It comes in a cute orange colored clear plastic spray bottle. . You can easily control the amount of face wash.
- Instructions to Use: Should be used as part of the daily cleansing routine for the treatment and prevention of acne. Take two actuations/pumps) and gently massage the foam all over the wet face avoiding eyes and surrounding areas. Allow it to remain for 20 to 30 seconds. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use daily twice.
My Experience with Saslic Foaming Face Wash:
In the bottle it’s a clear face wash but once you press the pump it comes out as foam. Interesting!! .
I use it once in the morning after waking up and once before going to sleep in the night. I wet my face; take two pumps apply it on my face. It neither foams much or lathers, leave it for 30 secs and wash it off. It cleaned my face well; really squeaky clean and skin felt smooth and soft. It did control my oilies and kept it matt for long time (there was not a bit of oil on my face when I woke up in the morning. Yeyeyeye!! ance-leftright: )
My skin looks much more hydrated now and am not much prone to breakouts anymore as it works really well in unclogging the pores.
What I Liked About Saslic Foaming Face Wash
- Cleans the face thoroughly and makes it squeaky clean and keeps skin matte for long period of time.
- Skin gets smoother and softer day by day.
- Very gentle and not drying; unlike other harsh face washes meant for oily skin.
- It has controlled my breakouts to a great extent.
- Has pH 5.5 (i.e. means it doesn’t alter the pH value of our skin like other face washes)
What I Didn’t Like About Saslic Foaming Face Wash:
- Some may find it little expensive as one bottle barely scrapes through a month.
Some Precautions while using Saslic Face Wash
- Keep it away from eye area; by chance if it goes wash it lot of water.
- Pregnant women or lactating mothers shouldn’t use this.
- Don’t use it more than twice a day as it will overtly dry your skin.
Will I Buy It Again: Yes but not this one; there is another version of this Saslic DS which has 2% salicylic acid (for considerably oily skin). I wanted to see how my skin reacts to salicylic acid so I started with a lower concentration. If you want to try to this out gals; I would recommend you to start from the lower concentration.
- Effectiveness: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5