Few of you ask me about my brows and what I have been using to fill them up lately so let me share with you guys about the product which is matching my brows so beautifully nowadays
I am fond of filling my brows and few of my favourite brow filling products are MAC stud eyebrow crayon and Body Shop Brow Kit .MAC stud is good for those who want very natural filling brows where as Body shop brow kit is great for dark or light filling both.
Coming to sleek this is what the product claims:-
For perfectly shaped, groomed brows look no further than Sleek MakeUP’s brow kit. Complete with all the tools you’ll ever need for brows that flatter and frame your face, choose from two shades in light or dark to compliment your natural colouring. Just a few simple steps are all it takes for preened and polished brows! Begin by using the mini tweezers to remove any stray hairs for a smooth and defined result. Using the handy hard angled brush, apply the brow wax along the natural shape of your brow to create the ideal arch. Next, use the setting powder to set the wax and to fill in any sparse areas. All packaged in one handbag sized kit, your brows need never stray away!
- Price – £7.99 (excluding shipping).Product can only be purchased online from sleek website here
- Available Shades – Product comes in dark and light shades and as you know I am reviewing the darker shade here.
- Packaging – Product comes in its usual sturdy black plastic packaging which is divided into two compartments .In first compartment there is brow wax and second is brow powder.Among the brow tool there is a mini tweezer, angled brush and a flat brush.There is an inbuilt mirror attached in the product and product is travel friendly.
- Staying Power – It stays for 5-6 hours easily and then the setting powder starts fading up but it never looks patchy or uneven.
Sleek Brow Kit Ingredients:-
My experience with Sleek Brow Kit Dark
Brow wax is really pigmented , creamy and smooth and it doesn’t create patched when I apply it and blends flawlessly.As the product is really pigmented one has to be really careful while using it and one or two layer of the wax is more than enough to get that natural looking brows.If you over do with the wax then you might have thick harsh dark brown artificial lines which won’t look good at all.Quality of the angled brush is amazing and helps in giving perfect shape to the brows.
Wax helps in giving definition to the brows but it wont’ stick the harsh hair strands into any desire shape you want .It’s a creamy wax or say little thick creamy eye shadow and not glue
With the flat brush I dabbed the setting powder on the wax which fill up the gaps.Flat and angled brush both are helpful in doing up the brows and I will advise you not to intermix both the brushes.
Setting powder is soft and smooth and when applied on the brow wax is hardly visible which is nice in a way as it doesn’t darken the highly pigmented wax colour more.
Brushes of the kit are really tiny .You can see in the picture below they are even smaller than a rose leaf.I particularly liked the angled and flat frush as far as tweezer is concerned it was too small for my use and I found it difficult to pluck out hair from it.Although I was able to pluck out soft thin hair but after 2-3 use I never bothered to use it.
Swatches of Sleek MakeUP Brow Kit in Dark Swatch
(Left) Setting powder & (Right) Brow wax
Both shades are dark chocolaty brown in colour the one which is wax is highly pigmented.
This is how my brows look after applying sleek brow kit.Quite natural and not OTT .Isn’t?
I have used it in my recent Inglot gel eyeliner 74 look here
Who might like Sleek brow kit
- If you like filling your brows with brown shade.If you like black shade or blackish brown then this is not your shade
- Likes natural looking brows
- Have gaps in between the brows
- I found the tweezer useless.
- If you have strong harsh brows then shaping wax might not be able to define or hold the brows for long time.
- Product is available in just two shades though this one suits me to a tee
- Overall- 4.5/5
- Availability- 2.5/5
- Price Vs Quality – 5/5
- John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist Reviews
- Bourjois Pastel Teint Essential Pressed Powder 68 Dore Review
- HOME-MADE HAIR OIL RECIPE
- Rihanna’s Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial (Who’s That Girl)
- Fab India Lemon And Mint Face Pack Review
- NYX Round Lipstick Power 629 Review & Swatches