I bought this during Diwali when I was going through my ‘Teal phase’. Still being a newbie to B&D, I wanted to try something new. I decided to go for their eye liners but didn’t feel to convinced with the eye pencils since they didn’t look too pigmented 9maybe it was just the testers)Anyways, the minute I saw their cream liners arranged on the rack, I just had to have a look. They had majorly the basic colors and I wanted something a bit different. So when I saw this, it was a no brainer for me and I picked it up without even swatching it. So yes gals, this was another instance when my brain was run over by my heart and made me get it
Ultra-smooth, cream gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colors and finishes. Brush sold separately.
- Price: INR 390. Yeps…I was so stunned when I saw the price tag. Where most brands charge sky high prices for gel/cream liner, here I was, holding such a gorgeous color for 390 bucks!
My take on B&D Cream Liner in No.5:
- Packaging:Comes in a pot form like most cream liners and is not accompanied with a brush…But for 390bucks, I don’t really mind at all. The packaging is sturdy and hard to break or shatter…Infact, I think its more likely to break any object it comes in contact with!.
- Color: This is a deep dark teal shade with strong blue accents and a tinge of purple. It does have shimmer content, but nothing heavy or OTT. I really do love this shade especially since its the perfect blue-teal color and can be worn with many outfit regardless of whether its blue or green
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is another highly pigmented liner and is super creamy. One dip is sufficient to draw a perfect line from one end to the other and then another dip for thickening as desired. This can even be used as an eyeshadow and looks gorgeous when coupled with black to create a smokey eye.
- The only think I don’t really like would be that just after a month of having & using this, it’s already started drying. Thank god for Duraline (which A convinced me to buy during the sale) or else it would need to be tossed out within 2 months or so.
- Staying Power: This liner stays put for eons! No need for touch ups at all either since the liner remains glossy for a long long time. I have worn it longest for 13hrs and it didn’t budge at all. I tried smudging it, but it takes a lot of effort to do so. Even on contact with water, this didn’t run…But pls note contact with water refers to me splashing my facewith water in the middle of the day and not scrubbing or walking thru the pouring rains
Why I love B&D Cream Liner in No.5:
- Soft & creamy texture.
- Staying power is the best I’ve experienced till date.
- The transparent tub packaging makes it easy to identify the shades amongst many.
- It doesn’t mention so, but it is waterproof
- Fragrance free
- Color payoff & pigmentation is commendable. The shades comes off so dense and rich on the lids.
- Pretty affordable.
Why I don’t like B&D Cream Liner in No.5
- One needs to have duraline if you buy this since it dries pretty quick. I’m not sure whether this was just a coincidence with my liner though..
- Also, it would be nice if they named their shades instead of numbering them.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality:4.5/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon 12 Roasted Coffee Lip Liner Review and Swatches
- Wise She New Year Mega Mega NYX International Giveaway
- Chambor Single Blush #57 Review & Swatches
- 11 ways to use your White Eye-liners
- Deborah Milano Blush Hi-Tech Rosa Pesca Review, Swatches &FOTD
- MAC Paint Pot Suggestions