Sunday morning were always special in our house because of the yummy breakfast my mother use to make .We use to relish the food while watching Chandrakanta, Duck tales etc etc.ahh! those were the days except the homework everything use to be great about Sunday
While speaking to my mom I made this spicy chilli paneer sandwich which is a Tarla dalal recipe and I have changed it a bit or I should say a lot.
It’s simple and doesn’t require much of ingredients only things is you should be impartial towards calories
- 8 slice sandwich breads (I use brown bread you can use any of your choice)
- Cheese cubes(I use Amul cheese slice)
- 250 gm of chopped Paneer(Cottage cheese/Indian cheese)
- Half capsicum chopped(If you have different colour capsicum such as yellow, red then go ahead and make your sandwich look super exciting )
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste(I use the homemade fresh one)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1/4tsp fresh black pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera powder)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- dash if cinnamon powder
- a pinch of clove (laung) powder(I used 3 cloves)
Method And Preperation :-
Step1 – In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil /ghee and when hot add chopped onion and saute it till it gets little brown.
Step2 – Add ginger and garlic paste and mix properly.Add pepper, chilli, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
Step3– Add tomato ketchup with bit of salt(Remember tomato ketchup has salt also in it so add the salt accordingly)
Step4 – Next throw in all chopped vegetables and powder mention above( Capsicum, cumin seeds powder, cardamon powder , clove powder ).Mix all the ingredients and saute it well.These powder bring special flavour and aroma to the paneer)
Step5 – Add a slice of cheese and stir it again to get all the cheese mixed into the ingredients and switch off the flame.
Now lets make the sandwich
Take a slice of bread and spread the chilli paneer evenly and place another slice of bread on top.If you want to be in heaven then place a cheese slice over the chilli paneer before you place another slice of bread.
Grill toast the sandwich the way you like it .Crisp or soft
You might like reading these also:-
- Pasta with spinach – White sauce for pasta anyone ?
- Left over rice recipes – Left over rice paratha/Chawal ka paratha with pictures
- Cabbage recipe -15 minutes Gobi Channa dal /Cabbage with bengal gram
- Spicy Mushrooms in fifteen minutes with pictures
- Potato recipes-Crispy potatoes in hot and sweet sauce with pictures
- Aalo matar pulao/Potato and peas rice with Ganesh Chaturthi puja and more
- Best five quick healthy snack recipes