The Z Palette: The answer to all re-fill woes!
As a lot of you remember, I had bought a whole lot of stuff from Inglot from shopatmajorbrands.com when they had a sale during Diwali time. Amongst the lot were 6 blush refills. I also got an empty palette but then realised I ahd made a huge Boo-boo. I had bought the wrong empty palette! Instea dof the blush palette, I’d bought the e/s palette and these refills wouldn’t fit.
Now I’m a bit weird when it comes to organizing and using my make up, especially blushes. Until I find a home for them, I can’t bring myself to use them. I don’t even swatch them! Yep, I’m that crazy..
Anyways, I was a bit clueless about what to do and on one of my research browses, I read about the Z-Palettes. Since I don’t have a credit card or Paypal, it was impossible to purchase from the site. But then on one of my Ebay browsing sprees, I found a good deal. I got the large Z Palette for 1288 bucks including shipping (after using a discount coupon of INR 200) which was a respectable deal.
Now let’s check out what this is and why I love it so much
The patent-pending Z Palette is an exclusive custom palette perfect for display and color comparison. It features a sleek and clean design that offers the strength of a plastic palette, while using eco-friendly recyclable materials that will not crack or break. Fold the top portion completely under the bottom portion for a space saving feature on your vanity or makeup station. The Z Palette is the only one of its kind that includes both a clear window and an open magnetic base to fit any size shadow, blush, bronzer and even some foundations. Replace colors as often as you would like to your preference.
*Please note shadows made in non-metal pans (for example, MAC de-potted shadows) will need magnetic stickers to adhere them to the magnetic pan in the Z Palette. Magnetic stickers are sold separately on our website.*
- Price:$20 (approx INR 1023).
Outside 8.06″L x 4.875″W x 0.50″D
Inside 7.43″L x 4.12″W x 0.20″D
My take on the Z Palette:
- What is this Z Palette?
The Z palette is an palette which has a magnetic base and hence any refill pan regardless of whether and e/s or a blush or a compact or lipstick can be placed here as long as their pans are made of metal. It even has a see through lid, which makes it easy to refer to the shades if you have many refills and shades.
- Does it come in different sizes?
Yes. The Z palettes come in 3 different sizes. Here are the dimensions for your reference:
Small: Outside 3.8″L x 3.8″W x 0.50″D & Inside 3.18″L x 3.18″W x 0.20″D
Large: Outside 8.06″L x 4.875″W x 0.50″D & Inside 7.43″L x 4.12″W x 0.20″D
Pro: Outside 8.06″L x 5.44″W x 0.56″D & Inside 7.44″L x 4.69″W x 0.25″D
- What about colors?
Definitely! The Z Palette comes in a plethora of colors. Apart from the basic black color, they also come in pink, a zebra print and a leopard print. I chose the zebra print because it looked just so damn cute!
- I find empty palette risky since the pans can fall out anytime and break!
With the Z Palette, you can say bye-bye to these fears. The magnetic base of this palette is so strong that even if you hold it upside down and shake it, nothing falls out. Believe me, I have tried this. It was a great daredevil act (and I’m you would all agree with me on this) and I just placed 2 of my blush pans ( I didn’t dare put ALL 6) and then held it upside down and gave it a hard jolt. But nothing…the pans didn’t even shift from its place.
- Is it easily available?
If you have a credit card then you can buy directly from their site or from drugstore.com . They even have some offers you can avail and decent shipping rates. Or else if you’re like me who doesn’t have a credit card, ebay is your best bet. Keep a look out for good deals and you’ll be able to get these easily.
- But I can’t store my MACs in here!
Ofcourse you can. The only additional purchase you’ll have to make would be to buy the magnetic strips which are also sold on the official site of Z Palette and also randomly over ebay.
Why I like the Z Palette
- The best part about this palette is that you can store pans of different shapes in it together. Usually, palettes have the circular slots and this poses a problem when you have pans of diff shapes like the ones you get from Inglot. Plus in the Z Palette, you can house multiple pans of different shapes in the same palette!
- The lid is also magnetic and hence very very sturdy and travel friendly.
- It has a magnetic base, so I don’t need to glue them in.
- I have never quite liked the empty palettes with the slots since I feel they take up too much space which can otherwise be used to house some more pans. I always end up taking them out anyway. So this palette is totally convenient for me.
- Normally, empty palettes come in one color: BLACK. But the Z palette comes in 3-4 colors and adds a fun element to your vanity as well.
- The Z Palette is the only empty palette with a see-through panel. This makes it so much easier to know which pans you have in the palette in a single glance instead of opening each one to check.
- The magnetic base is so strong that there’s no fear of any of the pans coming loose and dropping off.
Enough of the goods…this must have SOME downsides to it.
There is only 1 downside I can think of. And this is that removing the pans is a bit hard. The magnetic base hold the pans so firmly that removal becomes a bit tricky. See the small nick in one of the pans? The was all thanks to my nails while I was trying my damnest to pull it out!
- Visual appeasement: 5/5
- Sturdiness: 5/5
- Utility: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Body Shop Boho Beauty 01 Eye Palette Photos & Swatches
- 10 Color Blush Palette/Coastal Scents Blush Palette Dupe
- Christian Dior Flight Makeup Palette Review & Swatches
- Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches & EOTD
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review