For long I wanted to go TBS lip butter and Body Shop lip gloss review but it’s was just not happening, today I pulled myself to do this and hopefully can finish this in one sitting. I have this mix feeling about body shop’s lip butters.
- Product ~ Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
- For Skin Type ~ All
- Price ~ SGD 10.90 OR INR 245 for 10ml
- Product Claim ~ With added Community Trade beeswax from Zambia and the antioxidant vitamin E to care for and pamper lips.
- How to use ~ Apply to the lips with your fingertip, as often as required.
My Experience with Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
So as you see in the picture above this product comes in a small cream coloured tub which looks like a tiny version of the body butter with a screw on lid. Lip butter is of light cream color and its totally buttery. Texture is very smooth just like butter or any body shop body butter and stays in the melted form which can be due to the weather here which is humid around the year!
Smell of this lip butter is very pleasant like of shea butter, light and nutty and for a change not fruity. As you see you have to dig in your finger to apply it which is litter uncomfortable especially if gets into the nails.
TBS Claims about TBS Lip Butter
The Body Shop® difference: The organic beeswax in our Shea Lip Butter is supplied by our Community Trade partner, North Western Bee Products. Produced in the remote tropical rainforests of northwestern Zambia, the traditional beekeeping methods ensure the preservation of the forest and the beekeepers’ way of life. The 6,000 beekeepers receive a fair price for their beeswax and honey, which can be used for necessities such as salt, soap, clothing, medicine and education. It is also providing more women with the opportunity to become beekeepers.
Key ingredients used are:
- Organic beeswax – Moisturizes and helps to condition dry skin, especially on your lips and around the fingernail beds. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time. Plays a part in protecting and preserving the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
- Shea butter-Shea butter is one of nature’s great moisturizers.
- Other ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Beeswax, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Flavor, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake.
This lip butter provides over all average moisturizer to lips and stays for couple of hours but that’s depends on how much you eat or drink right? If you are a lip butter person then you may end up applying this 4-5 times a days. I don’t find this lip butter doing anything special to lips it’s more like of a lip gloss.
Infact during hot or summer days it be a little messy because of its butter texture! I feel good when I use this 1st time for the day but just for a feel good factor I find it’s rather an expensive stuff.
Cons ~ Doesn’t moisturises much.
Re-purchase – Not for me
If you want to try then go ahead and do it. If not, you are not missing anything great so chill.
You might like reading these also:-
- Body Shop Olive Body Scrub Review
- Body Polish – Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish Review
- 5 The Body Shop Makeup Brushes
- Body Shop Face And Body Brush, Blush Brush, Slanted Brush
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Soulflower Lavender Bath Salt Review
- Review Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub – Body Shop Scrub