I almost walked past this since I assumed that Dove made products only for those with dry skin. Then the words “oily skin care” caught my attention. I picked it up and re-read it just to make sure. Sure enough, I’d seen the truth! I didn’t think twice and grabbed it and added it to my shopping cart.
- Contains citrus orange oil that removes excessive sebum and stickiness
- Contains Dove skin care essence that balances skin’s moisture and oiliness
- A refreshing orange fragrance
Myristic acid, Glycerin, Water, Propylene glycol, Potassium hydroxide, Palmitic acid & Strearic acid, Lauric acid, Glycol distrearate, Decyl glucoside, Glyceryl stearate, Polyquaternium-7, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance
Price: 70 INR
Shelf life: 24 months from mfg date
It comes in a slim, flat, white tube (size is similar to Ponds face washes), with the trademark Dove logo covering a major portion of the front. The lid is a pale orange, translucent, plastic, flip-top cap that closes nice and tight. Overall, the packaging is simple yet attractive and very travel- friendly.
The face wash is pearly white in color. The consistency is somewhere between and a gel and a cream. It lathers well and rinses off without any residue. It removes all traces of oil and dirt and leaves skin almost powdery matte. It does control oil for upto 3 to 4 hours (depending on the weather). Inspite of the matte-effect, there was no dry or stretchy feeling. It didn’t make my skin flaky even in winter. So this is great to use all year round. The fragrance is a very sweet orange scent. It’s refreshing yet mild and won’t irritate sensitive noses.
- Simple, attractive, hygienic packaging
- Leak-proof cap and travel-friendly size
- Removes all traces of grease
- Leaves skin powdery-matte without drying it out
- Did not break me out (in fact, my breakouts reduced considerably while using this)
- Consistency is easy to work with
- Can be used all year round
- Refreshing yet mild sweet orange fragrance
- Lathers well
- No parabens or sulphates
What I don’t like about Dove oily skin care face wash:
There’s nothing that I dislike about this product
Will I recommend this?
Yes! This is a great product for those with oily (and even combination) skin. Plus it’s hard to find a face wash that’s free from parabens and sulphates at this price.