Today I was in mood of doing something slightly different from the rest of the tutorials I’ve done so far. Please enjoy the pics incase you think this isn’t your cup of tea Well, this isn’t something you’d wear for a normal occasion, incase if you’re creative like me, or an aspiring makeup artist/student, you can definitely try the technique. I saw this image once on a foreign blog, and as it was in some other language, I only could understand the images lol So I have no idea what this should be named, therefore – Editorial Style Double Winged Eye Makeup Tutorial !!
This is a bit mix of color blocking, and crease work, so you can see there’s not much of blending. I’ve only used two main colors, i.e dark navy blue e/s and a turquoise/teal e/s.
NOTE :- I’VE USED TAPE TO ACHIEVE THE SHAPE OF THIS LOOK, IF YOU DON’T WANT TO USE IT, YOU CAN DO IT FREE HAND. ALTHOUGH TAPE IS GOING TO HELP IN GETTING THE CRISP EDGE.
Let’s see how the tape is to be shaped :-
I cut two small sizes of tapes, and placed one on top of another to get a kind of V shape.
So lets start the tutorial :-
- Step 1:- Place the tape on the corner of your eyes, mine are over lapping the eyebrows (don’t worry they aren’t going to wax my brows ) Now using a brush similar to MAC 266, I created a line along the first edge from the tape, brought it till the inside of the eye. Similarly, on the lower edge of the tape, I did the same. After marking the area with a black e/s , I smudged it a bit. This is the only blending I’ve done in the look.
- Step 2:– Using the same brush, I used a dark navy blue e/s , and drew a thick flick from outside of the tape’s edge. The space left in between the black crease, and the blue e/s liner, can be filled in with any color you like, I filled it with a turquoise color. I did no blending, simply packed in a lot of this color.
- Step 3:– Do a flicked eyeliner, use a highlighter if you want, fill in the waterline preferably with a white/blue kohl, I didn’t had one at the time, therefore filled in with black gel eyeliner only. Use lots of mascara, and falsies if you need. At the end, remove the tape gently.
This is the final look, I wanted to use false lashes, but unfortunately the glue that comes with basicare lashes is all gooey and dry now (I just used it once )
Products used :-
- Miss Claire Professional Eye shadow palette – Blue (e/s no.4,5)
- MAC Carbon Eyeshadow (for crease marking)
- MAC Fluidline –Blacktrack
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
For face :-
- Mac Select Moisture Cover-NW35
- Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation- Nc42
- Mac Desert Rose Blush
For Lips :-
- Nivea Fruity Shine –Pomegranate (as base)
- Faces Canada Go Chic Lipstick (Poppy Red)
- Faces Canada Go Chic Lipstick (Hazelnut)
Hope you like this look, this can obviously be toned down a bit for parties
You might like reading these also:-
- New Year Shimmery Mauve Eye Makeup Tutorial
- The Jewel Noir (Midnight Jewel)/Wedding Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Sleek Makeup Kohl Pencil Mossberry 747 Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Purple Blues Goes Wild !! Makeup Tutorial
- Bridal Eye Makeup Step By Step With Mac Mayhem Minearlize Eyeshadow
- Rihanna’s Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial (Who’s That Girl)
- Ecotools Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set Review
- Ocean Eyes Makeup Tutorial
- Five Minutes Festive Eye Makeup Tutorial With Pictures