I’m a bit lucky but a whole lot more, plain foolish! After letting about half dozen of such beauties rot to their slow death, the makeup lover in me woke up and after slapping me around a bit, she managed to save a few. Of those, these three are my absolute favourite acquisitions and I love them to pieces
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in 183 Sugar Honey: )
- The Colour: I would describe this as a very glamorous pink, leaning towards the darker side.
- Moisturization: It doesn’t quite moisturize by itself, but I always wear a lip balm under my lipsticks so its not a bother for me.
- Staying power: That’s where this lipstick shines! (Literally too, but even figuratively ) The consistency is pretty thick compared to other lipsticks but it stays on and on and on, that’s why this is my most faavourite lipsticks for all wedding-sy events where I know it’s going to take a while AND that I’m going to stuff my face
- Texture&Finish: Creamy, slightly heavy texture with a gorgeous shine finish, without being overly obvious.
- Final Verdict: Love the Colour, Love the Texture, LOVE the Staying power! But, use a lip balm underneath.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in 357 Ripe Papaya:
- The Colour: This one is a sheer coral, looks pinkish when swatched but goes on as a pretty coral colour.
- Moisturization: Delivers moisture without needing a lip balm underneath ( silly me wears one anyway )
- Staying Power: Being a sheer colour, it doesn’t last for very long, but leaves your lips moisturized for a long time after.
- Texture&Finish: Glides on great, sheer wash of shimmery colour ( Crystal, as the name suggests ) It can be built up for more intense finish.
- Final Verdict: Beautiful colour, smooth application, moisturizing, but leaves tiny non-gritty shimmer so don’t skip a lip liner with this one
Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre lipstick in Spiced Coral:
- The Colour: It is a vibrant coral, bordering on neon, but very wearable.
- Moisturization: It is pretty moisturizing..between the three, this would fall right in the middle.
- Staying Power: Being a bright lipstick, this colour stays on for quite a bit, lasted 3-4 hours on me but that was one rare time that I didn’t eat in between, so can’t say if it lasts after a meal.
- Texture&Finish: It is a non-shimmery, yet smooth textured coral which gives a sleek finish, no intense shine or hint of shimmer so perfect for the day
- Final Verdict: I am loving bright colours right now so this is one lipstick I find myself reaching for most, it works by itself, looks great when layered over a darker shade to mute it ( I use a liquid lipstick which makes the blending easy ), this is easily the most wearable neon-coral I’ve ever seen and it looks Smokin’!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Istanbul: Swatches & Review
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Indigo: Review & Swatches
- L’oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick Grape Juice: Review and Swatches
- MAX FACTOR Color Elixir Pink Brandy 825 lipstick Review And Swatches
- Illamasqua 70% Off Sale – Recommendations
- NYX Round Lipstick Fig Review & Swatches