I have to begin by declaring that I’m a huuuge Herbal Essences fan! I’ve been using their shampoos ever since I had hair on my head. Okay…I meant from when I was a kid…up until now. Back then, there was only 1 variant…a green 1 that used to come in a huge bottle with a pump. My mom used to hunt for it in stores where they sell imported goods. But yeah…things have changed and there’s hardly anything that we don’t get in Incredible India now
What the bottle has to say:
I’ll PLUMP u up (Yep…it actually talks to us!). Give your luscious locks body and bounce. Lathering up with this lightweight formula sure beats sweating it out in the gym. Shampoo with botanical silk cleans to reveal natural shine.
What it’s made of:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pearl extract, Zea mays (corn) silk extract, Passiflora laurifolia flower extract, Passifloraincarnata flower extract, Passiflora quadrangularis flower extract, Fragrance, Sodium citrate, Sodium xylenesulfonate, Sodium Chloride, Citric acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinine, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10, Yellow 5.
- How much it holds: 355 ml (12 fl.oz.)
- How much it costs: 179 INR
- How long it lasts: 2 years from manufactured date
- Where can you find it: At local beauty stores, supermarkets etc. and is also easily available online
- How to use it:Fill up on this volumizing lather. Rinse and repeat for the full effect.
What it look like outside:
As you all must’ve noticed, Herbal Essences have revamped their packaging and logo. They’ve gone from good to awesome! It now comes in a translucent, curvy, asymmetrical plastic bottle which looks orange when it is full of product. But once u start using it and the level of shampoo goes down, it reveals that the bottle is actually pink! It may be a silly small detail but was a pleasant surprise for me .Since the bottle is almost transparent, a spiral pattern which is actually printed on the back label is visible through the front of the bottle (this is like their trademark). At the back, apart from info related to the product, you’ll also find details about their conditioner and fashion tips, all written in a very informal, funky style. How cool is that?!! The lid is orange with a green top which when pressed reveals a small opening through which the product is dispensed. I’ve taken this with me while travelling and it has never leaked…but I do make sure it’s stored upright. I could go on n on bout the packaging…but I guess enough has been said. I hope some of u haven’t dozed off already.
What it looks like inside:-
Am not really sure what “passion flower sunrise” is, but this sure looks like sunrise in a bottle. The color of the shampoo is a lovely golden yellow. The consistency is neither too thick nor too runny and hence is easy to use.
What it smells like:
I luuurve the fragrance of this shampoo! Its smells of melons and is very fruity and refreshing. The scent does linger for a couple of hours but by then it turns mild. So that’s good news for those who don’t like strong fragrances.
What it did for me:-
The things I look for in a shampoo include good packaging, nice fragrance, lightweight and easy to rinse without leaving any residue. This product satisfies all the above conditions. I have a very oily scalp and need to wash my hair every alternate day. This is gentle enough for frequent use and removes all traces of oil and dirt. Those with dry hair will need to follow-up with a conditioner since this is not a very moisturizing shampoo.
The pluses of Herbal essences Body Envy Shampoo:-
• Attractive leak-proof and easy-to-use packaging
• Consistency is easy to work with
• Shampoo is lightweight, rinses well and does not leave any residue
• Removes all traces of oil, grime and product build-up
• Gives healthy shine and slight volume
• Has lovely fruity fragrance which lingers for quite sometime
• Mild enough to be used everyday
• Very reasonably priced for the quantity and quality
• One bottle lasts a looong time
• Available easily in stores and online
The minuses of Herbal essences Body Envy Shampoo:
• Will not suit dry or frizzy hair since it is not moisturizing
• Works better when followed with a conditioner
• Contains SLS
• Not available in smaller sizes
Will I recommend this to others: Yes! Especially for those with oily hair, those who use a lot of hair products and those who wash their hair frequently.
- Quality: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Pricing: 5/5
- Performance: 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner For Dry & Damaged Hair Review
- Sunsilk Dream Soft & Smooth Conditioner Review
- Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo Review+SLS & Parabens Free
- Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Shikakai-Amla Herbal Shampoo Review
- Scalp Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Bath & Body Works Pleasures Moonlight Path Volumizing Shampoo Review
- JOHN FRIEDA SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONERS
- L’occitane En Provence Apres-shampooing Conditioner With 3 Essential oils Review
- Body Shop Shampoo Suggestions
- Loreal Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo review
- The Body Shop Guarana Berry Volumising Shampoo Review