This is much awaited (well, I hope) review on Kerastase’s Anti Dandruff shampoo & hair masque. Now, I gushed earlier about it being AWESOME. After a month’s usage I am altering it to bitter-sweet. Here’s my story:
I was plagued with a head of white itchy dandruff on that particular day, strolling in Mantri Mall, Bangalore. I chanced upon Play Salon, next to the YLG salon. I have tried YLG earlier and didn’t like their service; I decided to give this a try. I was shown into a very richly decorated place with a lush ambience. The salon experience that day can be read on my blog, but the SA didn’t have to use words to convince me to buy the shampoo, I saw its effects on my hair. The mask is another story altogether, read on to know why!
Kerastase Specifique Gentle Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Quantity : 250 ml It has lasted me about 10 washes for my shoulder length hair.
- Price : 1350 INR
- Packaging: This comes in a white bottle with a tick cap and a hole in the bottle. This ensures that the shampoo just doesn’t gush out; avoiding spillage and wastage (I almost sound like someone from a recycling plant)
The shampoo is a thick milky white liquid. I take a small amount and apply it liberally on my hair, wet it ith some water and massage my scalp for lather. It doesn’t lather much which is why I end up using loads of it. The SA told me I have to use the shampoo on the scalp, to help remove the dandruff. Well, I don’t know how true that is; but I haven’t veered away from her saying. I gently massage my scalp with this and wash off thoroughly. On a downside, this has SLS & Parabens => double blooper!! I so wish it didn’t.
It surely works for me I guess I found my HG shampoo for dandruff. That said I am certainly re-buying this shampoo.
Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense For Fine Hair
- Quantity: 200 ml
- Price: 2250 INR
- Packaging: this is an oval shaped fat tub, with a lid and a stopper inside. Kinda difficult to open up and use, especially when my hands are wet. I am always afraid, it’ll slip and roll away.
Well, she said this mask goes along with the shampoo. I was in a daze induced state after checking & re-checking that all the white-s were off my scalp. And I just bobbed my head when she said that. WITHOUT checking the price. Imagine my shocker when she handed me the bill and it was 6500 INR. With my ecstasy, I almost fainted. After a month’s usage, I feel quite bad about the price! Why?
The mask is of a thick consistency and feels heavy on my hair. The SA had instructed I use it on my hair, ends and rinse it out completely. It makes my curly hair fall almost flat/straight and I just can’t shake the feeling that I don’t need this mask. People kill for a straight look, but seriously I like volume and bounce. Plus I lose a bit of hair, I shed whenever I spread conditioner/mask with my hands. I noticed that with my earlier ones as well – L’oreal, L’ocittane and now Kerastase.
Unfortunately I simply can’t ignore this one and I use it very sparingly. This is going to last me a good 3 months with my use. Pick it up if you have unruly, curly, frizzy hair. It works best on those. Not mine for sure.
A bitter-sweet story on Kerastase’s 2 products.
You can visit Vaishnavi blog here
You might like reading these also:-
- Home Made Hair Oil For Hair Fall
- Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Smooth Shine Leave-In Treatment Review
- Satin Pure Exfoliating Hair Removal Pads Review
- Lush Big Shampoo Review
- Matrix Biolage Hydra Therapie Hydra-creme Intense Moisture Masque Review
- Lush Soak and Float Solid Shampoo Bar Review
- Toni And Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Conditioner Review
- Hair straightening treatment
- Best Hair Serum For Frizzy Hair