After my not so interesting stint with Lush Snow Fairy Lip tint I set my hope on Lush Chilli Tingle .This lip tint is meant for those who love bright orange lips and are not too fond of lipstick.
I love applying lipsticks and love lip balms and Lush chilli tingle falls between the two.
What Lush Chilli Tingle Claims:-
Lush Chilli Tingle :
Hoja Santa – over here, mate. Got anything in that sack to moisturise lips and give them a lovely orange red tint?
Chilli Tingle is the answer. Inspired by a trip that Alecommy, our Italian colleague, took to Mexico. We loved the ingredients he brought back so much, we put them all in here. First there was some lovely dried chillies, which we thought would be great for stimulating the lips and waking up the blood supply in winter. Then there’s hoja santa – an aromatic herb known as ‘sacred leaf’. He also brought back annatto seeds, which have such a strong natural red colour in their seeds that the bush is known as the Lipstick Tree.
We then asked Jemma at our R&D labs to make a lovely blend of colours to compliment the annatto, and she came up with this beautiful orange red blend.
All that was left for us to do was make a lovely moisturising base of jojoba oil and our chocolate-smelling fair trade cocoa butter. Then add some candelillia wax and japan wax to seal the lips and give a barrier against the winter weather and to hold that lovely colour on the lips.
Perfect! Hot lips for chilly times.
Ingrediants : Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Organic Agave Syrup , Icing Sugar, Organic Ground Chilli , Dried Yerba Santa , Annatto seeds , Titanium Dioxide, Colour 73360, Colour 14700, Colour 19140
*occurs naturally in essential oils
- Price - 285 INR (It was on 50% discount on Lush India but not anymore.Guess we all bought it )
- Ingredients :-Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Organic Agave Syrup , Icing Sugar, Organic Ground Chilli , Dried Yerba Santa , Annatto seeds , Titanium Dioxide, Colour 73360, Colour 14700, Colour 19140
My Experience with Lush Chilli Tingle
I find this more of a moisturising bright reddish orange glossy lipstick rather than a lip balm .It is certainly more moisturizing than Lush fairy tale (thank God for that ) but doesn’t have that kind of moisturizer which will make me crave for it.I only use it whenever its bright and Sunny and am thinking of an orange lipstick on my lips.
It’s vegan and contains natural essential oils therefore this lip tint kind of give rest to my lips for a day from chemical ingredients of lipsticks .
Tint can be layered up nicely but it’s too bright and makes me look like a clown therefore I just use a bit of it to give that nice shiny orange tint to my lips.
Smells like a yukky medicine but I don’t find it annoying when applied on lips.Staying power of the lip tint is 3 – 4 hours and I do need to apply a tinted moisturiser or foundation to make it look not too bright or OTT.I guess it will look still better on people having fairer skin than mine.
What I like about Lush Chilli Tingle :-
- It’s a nice orange lip tint with good staying power.
- Moisturising than the snow fairy
- Vegan product
What i do not like about Lush Chilli Tingle
- Expensive without a discount
- Not moisturising.
- Bad fragrance and tub packaging
Wise She Rating – 3/5
- Pigmentation -5/5
- Moisturising – 3/5
- Staying Power – 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Wise She Best Of 2011 – Best Lush Products