We all know that blushes have different finishes and MAC too has separate variants like Sheertone, Mineralize, Shimmer, etc…But very few of us are aware of their Beauty Powders…I loved the color and was happy my Bro got it for me but was a bit puzzled as to whether there was some other use to them..
So after some hunting online, I got to know some of the below info on Beauty powders..
- Beauty Powder is an ultra lightweight, silky pressed face powder. The powder has been jet-milled to deliver a smooth, sheer deposit of colour that subtly brightens your complexion. You can dust Beauty Powder over your skin with the #187 brush.
- It can be used as a blush, as a finishing powder, even as a powder foundation or for contouring if the shade is right, can be brushed around the eyes to make them pop and also can be used as an eyeshadow….cool right?
- Price: INR 1100 (I’m not sure though)
- Quantity: 5g
- Packaging: The beauty powders come in the came packaging as the blushes.
- Color & Texture: Feeling is a dull/dirty rose shade. It’s totally matte and soft to the touch.
- Pigmentation:When I saw this shade on a foreign blog long back, I really admired it and it looked quite deep which is why this ended up on my wishlist. But on me this isn’t really too pigmented. The color does transfer well, but its not as dense as I’d thought. It goes on quite sheer as expected and I don’t really mind this because of its multiple uses.
- Staying Power: This powder stays on 4hrs tops. After that it totally disappears. Yes…it’s that sheer… I was initially disappointed by this but then I haven’t ever found a near-to-sheer powder which stayed more than 2hrs…so why should I complain about this right??
- Application: I can’t use this as a foundation because it very obviously doesn’t blend in with my skin. I use this in multiple ways though:
- I use it to contour my eyes
- Use it as a blush (When I want a sheer wash of color on my cheeks)
- Use a tiny bit and brush all over the face with a powder brush. This is nice if you have pale skin or like me seem devoid of color during the winter season.
What I Liked About MAC Beauty Powder Feeling:-
- Mainly I love this because its multi-purpose. I can use it lightly as a face powder, a blush and to contour my eyes also.
- Staying power is good for a sheer powder.
- I couldn’t detect any fragrance in this.
- Hardly any fallout.
- The lid is see through so its handy to identify the colors amongst others.
- Texture is soft and no shimmers.
- Gr8 for daily use.
What I do not like about MAC Beauty Powder Feeling
- This isn’t really a con…but I do wish it looked the same on me as it did in the foreign blog wala swatch.
- To pricey for a powder even though its multip-purpose.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
You may also like reading:
MAC Dollymix Blush: Review, Swatches
MAC Blush – Mac Desert rose Matte blush review , swatches
20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
MAC Mineralize Blush Warm Soul: Review, Swatches
MAC Mineralize Blush in Love Thing review
MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
MAC Creamblend Blush Something Special Swatches & Review
Mac get away bronze blush
MAC Saffron eyeshadow as blush