A few months back I was invited to my cousins wedding in Mangalore. The invitation stated that the wedding ceremony was to be immediately followed by a reception party
This was easily going to be a 6-7 hour’s affair, in the hot and humid weather of Mangalore! Meaning an amateur makeup users worst nightmare come true.
I started making my war strategies, and the top weapon in mind was a primer!
So I went hunting for a primer, and ran into this one
MAC prep+ prime Face Protect SPF 50
- Price: Rs.1600
- Quantity: 30 ml
- Packaging: comes in matt black tube
- Product claim: To even out skin tone and provide protection under the sun, wear under foundation as a base.
My experience with MAC Prep And Prime Face Protect SPF 50
First of all, little goes a long way with this product, I use a pea sized amount for my entire face, if I use a tad bit more of this, it leaves a whitish cast on my face. The consistency of this primer is soft, but not very lotion like, so even though application is easy it takes a little time to blend into my skin. It’s best if you use this with a good moisturizer beneath it
After application my skin feels smooth and completely mattified, I have used this for my under eye area and it visibly makes the skin in this area look tight and perky!
After using this primer my (liquid) foundation literally glides on, as if I was painting on a canvas. Also the after effect is brilliant, my makeup looks airbrushed!
My foundation doesn’t settle in any nook or crease on my face.
But, the best part of this primer is its holding strength, wear this and double dare your makeup to move! It just won’t budge.
At the wedding my face remained matt through out the day, my foundation didn’t melt , nor did my concealer crease one bit in the blistering heat ,I didn’t even blot my face once as there was no need for it.
Also the SPF 50 does not make my face ghostly in photographs.
I have used this primer on and off for 6 months now, there is still quite some left in it
However you need to use a good makeup remover (the ones you use for waterproof makeup) to remove all traces of it from your skin
What I liked about MAC Prep + Prime:
- It gives longevity to my makeup
- Love the airbrushed look post its use
- Prevents any shiny ness
- Doesn’t clog pores
- High SPF content makes it apt for the outdoors
What I didn’t like about MAC Prep + Prime:
- Needs a little extra time to blend
Ratings – 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Backstage Wills India Lifestyle Day3
- MAC Semi Precious Collection India – Soon In Store
- My Mac Haul On Wise She Recommendations
- Look Book :Eye Makeup With MAC Surf USA & MAC Deep Truth
- MAC At Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012 – Day 1
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD