Hello WiseShe Beauties.
This is my first review on WiseShe so I actually put a lot of thought into what should be the object of attention. When Tupsi darling came up with her smoking hot Red lipstick, my problem was solved. Since everybody is going gaga over bright lipsticks these days I picked my Faces creamy matte lip gloss to do the honor.
Price: 399/- for 4.5 ml
I got it for 299/- During the Faces clearance sale. which is still on BTW
About Faces Creamy Matte Lip Gloss
- Made from Flex form complex which immediately defines and smoothens the lips.
- It is easy to apply, offers complete color coverage and helps keep lips soft & shiny forever.
- Dermatologically tested.
The shade that I am going to review is “08 Fiery Red”
It comes in a sleek tube type packaging with a long black & silver cap.The size of the tube is pretty small if you compare them to other glosses available. Here is the tube on my palm for the size reference. Err…my palm is not that big actually. Its the gloss that is small.
It comes with a regular sponge tip doe foot applicator.
The applicator applies evenly on the lips but does not pick enough amount to cover even half the lips. I feel the overall small size is to be blamed here.
Swatches Of Faces Canada Creamy Matte Lip Gloss Fiery Red
Color, Texture & Pigmentation:
As you can see it is an intensely pigmented lip colour. A beautiful bright red with strong pink undertone. On my lips it looks more pink and less red somehow. It will cover pigmented lips with a single swipe .
Now do not get confused by the name. It is definitely not a gloss. It’s more of a matte lip cream. The texture is thick creamy that sets into a matte look. It takes some time to dry but once it is set it does not budge from its place. If you have dry & chapped lips then I would not suggest you this.It is not drying but it does sets into fine lines after a while.
It lasts almost the whole day without fading when I do not eat or drink. However with drink and food it starts getting a little patchy. not a great sight to look at. Had it been a nude / lighter shade I could have ignored this but with such a bright shade it becomes too obvious and I hate that look. If you all are thinking I don’t like this, then am sorry. I still love this. I just avoid it when I am out for a dinner or lunch.
Let me summarize what I liked & Disliked about this lip product.
What I like about Faces Creamy Matte Lip Gloss Fiery Red:-
- Beautiful Red shade with a pink under tone that will suit most Indian warm skin tones.
- Intensely pigmented.
- Covers pigmentation with ease.
- Sets into a matte finish after drying.
- Stays on really long without food or drink.
- Does not bleed.
- Does not dry out my lips.
- Easy availability online or at the store.
- Not expensive.
What I do not like about Faces Creamy Matte Lip Gloss Fiery Red
- Sets into fine lines after a while accentuating them.
- With food and drink it does not fade evenly and gets patchy.
- Exfoliation is a must before putting this on.
Yes for those who like long staying lip colors and do not have dry/chapped lips.
No for people with mature or dry lips as it will accentuate the fine lines.
This range has lots of beautiful shades to choose from.i have my eyes on a Coral and a rosy brown.
I would also like to mention here that though the concept is similar to NYX soft matte lip creams, it is nowhere close to it in terms of texture & feel. I have one from the NYX lip creams and I would rate it much higher in comparison to this.
Here is how it looks on my lips.
- Product: 3.5 / 5
- Color: 4.75 / 5
- Staying Power: 4 / 5
- Pigmentation: 4.5 / 5
Hope you liked it.
You might like reading these also:-
- 16 Faces Glam On Lipstick Swatches & Photos
- 16 Faces Cosmetics Glam On Lipstick Swatches
- Faces Cosmetics Black Beauty Nail Paint – Photos & Swatches
- Faces Cosmetics End Of Season Sale
- 9 Faces Cosmetics 24 Airbrush Nails Photos
- Faces Cosmetics Glam On Lip Gloss 051 Review & Swatches
- Faces Cosmetic Mirrored Cosmetic Easel Brush Set & Foundation Brush