I am crazy about picking up things which looks weird or unusual may it be food, make up or even shoes. I frequently get the rap for this from friends and family but I simply cannot resist and control myself when I see something unique. That’s how I felt when I was checking out the mountains of soaps at Lush and came across this soap. Not only did the name pique my interest, but the look of it also sent the wind chimes in my head a-chiming (I don’t thing that’s even a word, but I plead creative license to be my excuse!)
About Lush Sea Vegetable Soap:
A refreshing splash in the ocean. Sea Vegetable is made with seaweed, one of our favourite ingredients, with a crust of stimulating sea salt to give your body a good scrub down. It smells of lime, lavender and seaweed, a bit like sitting at the beach next to someone applying suntan lotion. This is a great soap for sharing amongst the whole household. The scent is perfectly balanced for boys and girls everywhere.
- Quantity: 100gms 285, 200 for 570
- Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42045
- Appearance –This soap looks so interesting right? Its a Aqua green color (My hubs just calls it Green Soap ) and the surface of which is a dark green bordering on black. This dark green/black color is supposed to be the seaweed ingredient which is supposed t help in scrubbing and cleansing.
- Texture –The soap doesn’t lather too much and is definitely not one of those soaps which melt in the hands. I found it quite hard infact and didn’t feel like I was using a soap at all! The seaweed portion, which also played a huge part in enticing me to buy this fell flat on my expectation. Itdoesn’t exfoliate and just slides over the place on god knows what!….Coz there ceratinly aint any suds to slide on!! Grrr…..
- Fragrance – This may be the only part I liked. The soap has a distinctive lavender scent and is actually quite relaxing…Maybe they wanted to relax the user since the soap does absolutely nothing, but I can’t forsee anyone taking a liking to this just because of the smell. Moreover, it doesn’t even linger for longer than when you’re in the bath!
My Verdict:Lush Sea Vegetable :-
Any guesses?? This soap is a total dud for me and didn’t work worth a damn. I am so disappointed with it and wish I’d had the foresight to try this soap at the store before purchasing it. I went through so much trouble of making sure the SA cut a part with the Seaweed especially, but there was no need to do so since it didn’t even exfoliate and teeny bit. I actually hid this soap away after using it a couple of time before my hubby could dare to use it….I did this out of sheer fear of hearing the ‘I told you so’s’….
What I like about Lush Sea Vegetable Soap:-
- Apart from being visually attractive and having a pleasant smell, there was nothing special or useful at all.
What I don’t like about Lush Sea Vegetable Soap:-
- Too pricey for a soap that does nothing. I have now kept it in the guest bathroom for guests to use while washing their hands!!
- Fragrance doesn’t last.
- Doesn’t lather even a bit….I am the kind of person who loves suds but don’t mind it even if the soap has a medium lather. But NO lather is ridiculous!
- Doesn’t seem to get over…This is the first time I was praying for the soap to get over soon instead of the other way round.
- Moisturizing ability: 1/5
- Fragrance: 3/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 1/5
Would I repurchase this?? Heck, Never!
You may also like reading these:
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review