Some gifts end up being infinitely priceless..not because of the gift itself but because the person who gave it to you went through the process of choosing what you’d like and sending it across…This knowledge itself is more than enough to send bursts of happiness through our systems…and if that gift just happens to be something you wanted and suits you to a ‘T’…well then, the bursts change into mega explosions!
This is exactly what happened to me when I got a package with a Bday gift from A…which just happened to be this gorgeous MAC Lipglass!!! Whoopiieee!! My heart started doing the Bhangra…and the Disco…and the Twist!…Actually it did every form of dance before settling down and making me wear this and preen!
About MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous:-
- Color: This shade is a sheer purple-fuschia colored gloss with a lot of purple and blue glitters. The glitters are however, not chunky or abrasive and glides on quite smoothly.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: In the swatch, it does look a bit opaque but it goes quite sheer on the lips. When worn its like a light fuschia veil sprinkled with glitter. Worn alone, this would not cover any pigmentation at all and is better worn over a lipstick. Its only then that one can appreciate the true beauty of this gloss.
- Texture: MAC Dazzleglasses differ from the lipglasses in manner that they are not too sticky at all. I don’t wear the Lipglasses too often because its too sticky and leaves me with an icky feeling. But this baby is very light will never weight down my lips. It goes on quite easily in fact without displacing the lipstick worn underneath.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2-3 hrs if worn alone (which I rarely do) and about 4 hrs over a lipstick without food or drink.
I was a bit confused initially as to how to make this work well since I don’t layer lipsticks and glosses to often. After rummaging through my lippies and swatching and layering, I found that this is very suited over MAC Craving Lipstick. Here are some comparative pictures to show how the lipstick and gloos look alone and when layered.
This is what the gloss looks like when worn alone.
Here, I have worn MAC Craving alone in the first pic and the second is when layered with MAC Funtabulous.
And finally a close-up of how the gloss looks alone and over MAC Craving.
What I like about MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous:-
- Fabulous when layered over a lipstick. Gives the entire look a certain ZINGG!
- Non sticky formula. It absolutely feels light and weightless.
- The gloss doesn’t take away from the glory of the Lipstick and infact adds to it.
- Doesn’t settle into the liplines and make the lips rough.
- The shimmers are not chunky or abrasive. They are quite tiny and perfect!
- Doesn’t dry out my lips.
- Staying power is quite good for a gloss.
What I don’t like about MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous:-
- I can’t think of a single one…except that this isn’t for you if you don’t like shimmers
- Packaging: 5/5
- Texture: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review