I love trying out new shades but tend to stick to pinks since its a safer bet to stick with. But once in a while, I see an unusual shade which I feel like trying out and it makes its way onto my wishlist. This is exactly what happened when I saw this on Rash. As always I was bombarding my bro with a MAC list (the poor fella always has t carry my MAC list no matter where he is in the faint chance that he might see a store and HAVE to get me something) and this is one of the shades he happened to pick for me. Lucky me right?
About MAC Lipstick in Craving:
- Color: This shade is a rich, deep Plum Pink. I usually shy away from Plum shades but this is the perfect ‘IT’ shade for a lot of us regardless of our skin tones. It doesn’t have any shimmer and yet has a creamy, glossy finish which makes it one of the most sought after lipsticks from MAC. On me, this lippy I feel is the perfect combination of plum and pink…Don’t you think?
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: As visible in the swatch on my hand as well as on my lips, this is a full coverage lipstick and covers my lip pigmentation completely. The shade itself is intensely pigmented and yet lends a very soft look to my face.
- Texture: MAC Craving lipsticks comes in the Amplified Cream Finish. Hence, this is a super creamy lippy (it’s sooo obvious from the swatch) and is quite moisturizing which is why thankfully, it doesn’t settle into my lip lines.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 4 hrs on my lips without food and drink. But I find that if I apply, blot and then reapply this, it stays longer.
This is a perfect lipstick for anyone regardless of whether one is fair or dusky. An ideal shade for those who are scared of using deep plum shades and just want to dip their toe in the plum sea…so to speak. I love wearing this shades to work especially since it adds to the professional look without looking too severe like I feel most Plums make me look
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Craving:-
- The perfect Plummy Pink shade…It just balances both shadesperfectly well.
- This color would suit almost all skin tones.
- Creamy yet doesn’t settle into the lip lines.
- Keeps my lips quite moisturized.
- Glides over the lips easily.
- Can be built up to an extent.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Craving:-
- I can’t think of a single con..
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review