I always mention MAC Cosmo as my very first MAC…because it was a lippy I got from my own choice. However, it was this lipstick which was actually my first MAC gifted by an aunt. She happened to pick it up along with her own stuff from a CCO..Although then I had no idea what a CCO was and how it was different from other stores I will admit I didn’t have much of an idea about MAC except that it was a ‘Hi-Fi’ brand and that I should be grateful to get anything from it!
About MAC Lipstick in Overrich:-
- Color: This shade can be described as a sheer metallic coral with a silver frost.
- Price: I don’t really know the cost since it was gifted to me. But I checked online and it seems this was part of a Collection released by MAC so I presume it must cost a bit more than the usual 980 bucks…not sure though.
- Pigmentation: This lipstick is very sheer and just provides a wash of color on the lips. It isn’t buildable and forget about harboring any dreams of concealing any pigmentation with this. It glides easily enough though and for one who loves frost finish lippies, this would be a must buy.
- Texture: MAC Overrich is a Glaze Finish lippy and quite light. Nevertheless, this does settle into my lip lines within an hour of wear which is I suppose thanks to the glaze/frost finish it has. Whenever I wear this, I have to ensure I use my lip balm underneath so as to prevent this. But yes, to give it due credit, even though this settles into my lips, it doesn’t dry them out at all. Its quite moisturizing in fact.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2 hrs on my lips and then fades off. The color is so sheer that it doesn’t survive on the lips for long and disappears once I’ve eaten something.
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Overrich:-
- I love the sheer coral shade…Its easy to wear at any age.
- Formula is quite moisturizing
- Compact enough to carry anywhere.
- I always reach for this when I’m in the mood for a sheer lippy. IT a perfect daytime shade to go for.
- Glides over the lips easily.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Overrich:-
- Settles into the lip lines
- Staying power is very disappointing.
- I’m not sure whether it’s still a part of the permanent line.
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 2.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 3/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review