Today I’m reviewing Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks– On the mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red. I was desperate to buy a red that would suit me and I bought 2 lippies in red shade.
What Maybelline says about the color sensational range:
• Crisper color from pure pigments. Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
• Lip color so rich, so stunning… it’s sensational.
• 33 Captivating Shades.
- Cost: Rs 299
- Quantity: 1.6 g
My Experience with Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks:-
The best thing about this range is that they have different colored caps for the shades of pink, brown, mauve and red.
It is a red lipstick with orange undertones. The name says it all. This lipstick is perfectly named and you can wear it whenever you want to show off your sexy pout!! This shade instantly brightens up my face. :makeup: It smells nice. It looks good when worn alone or with gloss. But I always pair it with a gloss. If you are fair toned, you’d look brightened up the moment you’ll apply this shade. It’s a very tricky shade and wouldn’t suit many women. So you need to ask the SA to apply it on your lips and check it out.
Shade On The Mauve
It’s a beautiful mauve shade, with pink undertones. Would mostly suit fair skinned girls. Looks beautiful with or without a top gloss. Looks beautiful with even no makeup done.
It’s a deep red lipstick which consists of red, red and red. Not a blood red color, it’s a beautiful shade to enhance your pout! It smells nice and I don’t have a big problem with my lipsticks if they have a fragrance.. I’m okay with it. I feel that this shade might suit dark women too but I’m not too sure. It makes you look bolder and more beautiful!!
I love how beautifully Maybelline has named all the shades!!These lipsticks are quite hydrating, just like other lipsticks from the range. Again, like other shades from this range these don’t last that long. These lipsticks don’t bleed at all without a liner.
The lipsticks are very well pigmented and you’re done in one swipe. You don’t need to layer up a lot! If you want lighter coverage you can always use a lip brush, and you can always blot your lipstick!
Summing it up, I can say:-
Pros:Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick
• Beautiful shades, equally beautifully named!
• The shades are very highly pigmented and look great!
• The lipsticks are very hydrating.
• The color sensational lipsticks are very decently priced.
Shade On The Mauve Swiped once(below) and twice(above)
Cons:Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick:-
• Glamorous Red might not suit everyone.
• They don’t last long.
• The lipsticks have a fragrance which might be a turn down for many women.
• The color pay-off, being too good, might turn out very OTT at times, you need to use a brush or blot, as told earlier!
Would I re-purchase: I don’t think so. Firstly, I’ll finish off these shades after a long time and secondly I never buy the same shade again. I prefer trying new ones!!
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Color Pay-off: 4.5 on 5
- Long-Lasting: 2.5/5
Hope you liked my review!!Ta da!!
You might like reading these also:-
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches
- Maybelline FIT ME Blush Light Pink: Review, Swatches