I love blushes and never step out of house without a dash of color on my cheeks. I have two blushes from NYX silky rose (already reviewed by zee) and desert rose which are my absolute favorites.
I wanted a pigmented pink blush which gives a warm flush to my cheeks; after seeing many swatches online I decided to try out desert rose and oh man as soon as I opened the package it was love at first sight.
Our pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours.
- Ingredients:-Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), D&C Red 30 (CI73360), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI15985), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Ultramarines (CI77288). Whewww that’s a big list!
- Price: 520 from UT (but this is available for 6$ and cheaper on other sites like cherry culture)
- Quantity: 5.2g
My take on the NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:
- Packaging:–The blush comes in a square plastic pot with a transparent top. Nothing fancy but am totally okay with it as quality of the product is awesome.
- Color: –This shade is a deep beautiful dusty rose which leans towards pink. It’s totally matte without any shimmer. Personally I prefer matte blushes over shimmery ones.
- Pigmentation & Texture:–These blushes are intensely pigmented which means that one should use it sparingly as you can pick up too much color and may end up looking like a clown.
I love the way it gives me healthy pink flush which seems as if coming from inside. The staying power is awesome it easily stays 5-6 hrs and then fades gradually in a nice tint. I think it would suit all skin tones and for medium to dusky skin tone like mine it’s perfect for getting those rosy cheeks.
Pros of NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:-
- Highly pigmented, buttery soft and smooth.
- Easily bendable.
- Staying power is great.
- Will suit all skin tones.
- Pretty affordable.
- It will last for long as you require very less quantity for each application.
Cons of NYX Powder Blush in Desert Rose:-
- Doesn’t come with a mirror or a brush. I don’t complain because the brushes which come with blushes are pretty pathetic.
- Because they are very soft, there is little fallout.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Will I buy again: –Yup obviously this is my favorite blush and I will keep buying it throughout my life.
You might like reading these also:-
- Orange Blush+MAC Saffron Eyeshadow As Blush
- KK Center HK ES Brand 28 Color Eyeshadow Make Up Blush Palette Info & Price
- Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Benefit Perfect 10 Bronzing & Highlighting Face Powder Duo Review
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush #6 Review,Swatches & Dupe
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Rose Petal Review
- Coral Blush For Dark Skin Suggestions
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Blush#9 Review
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush Glow Review
- Deborah Milano Blush 24 Rame Review
- 6 Body Shop Cheek Colour Blush Photos & Swatches