“If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” -P. B. Shelley
This is the only phrase under whose solace i survived my winter .I’m not really a big fan of winter though I hail from a place Ukhrul which lies 5,453 feet above sea level in north east India and it’s forever cold there. Most of the days the roads are covered with fogs just above the feet level and it feels like a walk in the cloud. But I feel dull and unlively in cold climate.
So this winter after hiding in my cocoon like a larvae for 4 months, I can’t wait for spring to come and splash color on nature and on everything around me.i’l snuggle out of my comfort zone spread my wings like a butterfly and ……oh wait!!! I can’t fly just yet I have to tell you all the good news -and that is Pantone has already released the colour trend for spring 2012. And yes fashionistas…hold your breathe… drum roll please… its TANGERINE TANGO. I am so excited because I’ve been crazy about tangerine this new year. Little did I know it would be the most happening colour.
For those of you who are new to Pantone . Here s a little about them
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, has been the world’s colour authority for nearly 50 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colourful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for colour inspiration, Pantone also offers paint and designer-inspired products and services for consumers. X-Rite’s expertise in inspiring, selecting, measuring, formulating, communicating and matching colour helps users get colour right the first time and every time, which translates to better quality and reduced costs. X-Rite serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical.
And this is what they have to say about tangerine-
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Colour Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”
Tangerine tango is a reddish orange , exotic, sultry , attention seeker but just in the right amount and not OTT. And I know many of you will be delighted to hear that Pantone and Sephora are collaborating to launch collection in spring 2012 . (please note that here I am doing the happy chicken dance because Sephora is coming to India soon )
How to wear tangerine-As an attire – pair it with nudes like beige to warmify the colour.
Or go total contrast with black .
If you’re bold enough you can experiment by pairing it with equally bright hues like parrot green.
- Make up- MAC launched its lipstick “so chaud” and “morange”, neon orange
- Lotus launched Lotus herbal floral glam lipstick ‘O’ orange
- Revlon – misty rust, moon drops.
- NYX diamond sparkle lipstick- sparkling orange
- YSL –rouge volupte lipstick orange shiver
- Inglot lipstick 105
- Colorbar creamy matte lipstick 032 tangerina
- Maybelline – moisture extreme bronze orange, color sensational coral crush.(the list is endless…)
AS ACCESSORIES- orange satchels, clutches, chunky bracelets , shoes , belts and statement necklaces..
However if you’re wearing orange lippies , go easy on the other make ups . keep the eyes simple- a simple kohl lined would do. Orange is a tricky color to wear . you want just the right shade (which may vary from person to person) – so it may take some time discovering the right shade for you. Better get started now so you can flaunt when spring finally arrives.
We all wanna be ready for it ,don’t we?
GO GET CREATIVE !!!
You might like reading these also:-
- Hair Accessories – Trendy Hair Bands This Season
- How To Wear Neon Nail Polish
- Neon Handbags – How To Choose Neon Handbags
- 15 Silver Marcasite Jewellery Collection
- Bling Clutches This Season
- 5 Ways To Store Necklaces,Organisation & My Neckpiece collection
- 5 Types Of Messenger Bag: What makes them so special & Sexy ??
- Priyanka Chopra Wears J Brand Wax Coated Jeans
- MARC CAIN Unveils Autumn Winter 2011 Collection
- How To Make Earring Holder / Jewellery Display Stand – DIY