With winters gaining speed, I am going all out to ensure I am armed with the right lotions and potions to keep dry skin and flakiness at bay…or atleast to a bare minimum. Although I swear by TBS Cocoa Butter at this time, I also admit that at times it feels to heavy and thick at times. So when I saw this lotion in the catalog I thought ‘Why not try it out?’
Product Claim :Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter
- For Normal Skin.
- An intensive creamy all-over body moisturiser, with hydrating, zesty and invigorating Satsuma essential oil. Also containing Community Traded melon seed oil plus shea and cocoa butter for up to 24 hours moisturisation.
- Quantity: 200ml
- Price: INR 775
Ingredients of Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter
- Satsuma essential oil – Moisturises the skin. Provides natural fragrance.
- Shea butter – Has a high level of antioxidant vitamins A, E and F, which help protect and nourish the skin. Moisturises and helps soften the skin.
- Cocoa butter – Is an excellent moisturiser that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
- Instructions: Scoop out with your fingers and massage into your skin, as often as required.
About TBS Satsuma Body Butter:
- Packaging –This comes in a tub like all other body butters.
- Color & Texture –The cream is a pale orange color and is not too thick like the other TBS body butters. This is the main reason I chose it in fact. Its much lighter and gets absorbed in the skin easily and doesn’t block the pores or cause any oiliness.
- Fragrance – If you’ve smelt and product from the Satsuma range you will know how ecstatically amazing the fragrance is. The smell is akin to that of orange but so much more. And the most amazing thing about this is that the fragrance does last for long. The minute I rub this on my skin, it erupts into this party on the senses that just goes on and on and puts me in a good mood for a long time.
My Verdict: What I liked best about this cream is that it isn’t super thick like the Cocoa butter or Shea body butters…This is lighter tan the strawberry one as well and gets absorbed into the skin in a jiffy. It also keeps the skin very well hydrated for a long time and is perfect for mildly-oily skinned gals as well. This is one product I’m sure to repurchase.
What I like about TBS Satsuma Body Butter :-
- Would suit almost all skiin types…except for super oily skin.
- Doesn’t make the skin feel greasy at all like other heavier body butters.
- Need such a tiny amount for use and the tub will last ages.
- Amazing fragrance! I can’t rave enough about this.
- Packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.
- Quite inexpensive for the quantity we get.
- Helps moisturize my skin and keeps it this way for a long time.
What I don’t like about TBS Satsuma Body Butter :-
- Would have been more hygienic in tube form
- Would be nicer to have a smaller tub which would make it easy to carry around in my purse.
- Effectiveness: 5/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
You may also like reading these:
Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
Body Polish – Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish Review
Body Shop Fuzzy Peach Bath & Shower Gel Review
Body Shop Shea Lip Butter Review
Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review
The Bodyshop Moisture White Shiso Whitening Night Treatment Review
Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Scrub Review
Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit Review (Dark Brown/Black)
Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming Facial Wash Review
The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Cream Review