This is probably the only lipstick I have which has such a long story behind it..I ordered this from Strawberrynet thru Rash along with some other stuff but this lipstick was missing when I got the package (Damn those courier fellas). I had resigned myself to the fact that I’d never get this lippy and had all but forgotten about it until one fine day I got a parcel and this dropped into my lap..My Rash had repurchased it and sent it to me without my saying anything! At the risk of raving a tad bit too much, I am soooo happy to have Rash as my friend and for going the extra mile to ensure I got this lippy since she knew how much I wanted it. Thanks Rash! Muaah!!
Product Description:According to Bobbi Brown
- These are lightweight, yet intense
- Have a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe
- Formula is also “creamy and moisturizing.”
- Comes in 12 shades
About Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF12 in Guava:
- Packaging: This range of lipsticks come in a classy black tube with the brand name mentioned on one side. These are quite sturdy and I’ve had this for a couple of months and the lid still fits on tightly without any slipping or sliding
- Price: $22 ( I got this unboxed from the site for INR892)
- Color: This shade is described on the site as a bright pink coral and that’s exactly what it is…Amazing na? That a brand actually described a shade accurately?? Makes me think of Faces and NYX where the shade name and description has nothing to do with the actual shade This reminds me a bit of Crosswires although this lippy is much more pigmented and intense than that.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lippy and can be used lightly as well. Infact, I use it sheerly or as a stain since I’m not comfy wearing such a bright shade to work. As you can make out from the swatches, this shade is highly pigmented and the color itself is so rich!
- Texture: I was a bit worried about this lipstick being drying and thankfully my fears were unfounded. Its extremely creamy without being goopy and slides easily onto the lips. Plus, this has SPF as well which is an added bonus.
- Fragrance: It has a very mild berry scent which doesn’t last longer than a minute.
- Staying Power: This lipstick hardly budges! Yes…it actually stays on my lips for 4-5hrs even through eating and drinking. It does fade in intensity as time passes but once its on, be assured that your lips will have a tint of color on them even till the time you reach home.
I love this lipstick mostly because it’s ‘MY’ shade. Not an MLBB or a neon coral or anything..But its just the perfect shade for me. It infuses light onto my face and makes me glow..Apart from this, using it tends to make me more confident somehow (call me stupid, but it actually does) and makes me feel dare devil-ish yet feminine…Thanks a ton to Rash for getting this to me!
What I like about Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF12 in Guava:-
- I love this lipstick more than all of my others ..sorry I just had to say this
- Doesn’t dry out my lips at all and I usually don’t use a balm underneath it either.
- Sturdy cap and packaging
- Not strongly fragranced
- Out of 12 gorgeous shades to choose from, all of us would definitely find the perfect shades for ourselves.
- Brightens up my face instantly.
- It doesn’t have any shimmers and hence can easily be worn to work as well.
- Can be used well as a stain, sheerly or at its best.
- Has SPF! How cool is that!
What I don’t like about Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF12 in Guava:-
- Not available in India
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also enjoy reading: