I had wanted to try Bourjois foundations for the longest time but somehow always put it off since I never thought it would make a difference. The late last year, I happened to see an everyday makeup look from Lisa Eldridge on Youtube and I was hooked! I had always thought that foundations were for occasions only and only served to give this mask-like effect to the face. It was from her video that I realised that light to medium coverage foundations also exist which can be used everyday just to brighten the face and even out the skin without that ‘fake’ look I tend to detest.
I picked this up along with the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the NewYear sale held by . I think that was the time I placed like 3-4 orders and got a hoard of products. Thanks to Chetana who I was able to contact over Twitter to clear my doubts about the shade and availability
About Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation:-
Our light and soft mousse enriched with mineral powders instantly blends onto the skin for a perfectly even complexion and a powdery matte finish. It wil leave your skin feeling soft and pampered! NO MASK EFFECT GUARANTEED!
And it’s good for your skin!
– Let’s skin breathe
– Preserves essential moisture
– No added preservatives
– Dermatologically tested
My take on Bourjois Mineral Matter Mousse Foundation: –
- Packaging: This foundation comes in a very handy plastic circular-shaped tub with a screw top lid. It’s extremely sturdy and I can guarantee this since I’ve dropped it innumerable times and it hasn’t even developed a crack.. cool right? It doesn’t come with a brush but they do have a tiny kabuki brush type applicator one can purchase for this.
- Price: 750 INR
- Coverage & Usage: It gives me medium to full coverage. It covers up the slight darkness around my mouth quite well. It also covers any acne which is receding. But it won’t help much with aggravated acne. I use this with my Bare Escentuals Flat top kabuki brush; I just dip it in the pot and smooth over the face in small circular motions. I suppose one can also use a stippling brush but I’m more comfy with this.
- Texture: Since this foundation comes in a mousse form its expected that this be soft and squiggy. It’s all that and more…Its not too jelly-ish like I found the Lakme souffle to be. It more firm and not messy like other mousses. On application as well, the formula doesn’t feel heavy and there’s no feeling of being weighed down. Infact, it’s quite fluffy! I have the shade called ‘Meil Subtil’ and this suits me to perfection. It doesn’t crease or give a mask-like effect. That’s what I love most…It’s exactly like second skin!
- Staying Power: It stays on for ages! Well, maybe not ages but definitely 6-7hrs without any melting or displacement.
My Verdict: I find this to be a perfect foundation for any season except extreme winters. This is because this is totally matte when it sets and it just accentuates any dry patches on the skin. So other than those freezing months, this is perfect. The fact that it sets matte is amazing! I’d gone for a training and I was actually co-coordinating it instead of attending and had to run multiple flights of stairs, from one building to another. And even then, this didn’t melt. Even my T-zone stayed nice and shine free until late afternoon when a tiny bit of shine crept in. This I dealt with by using my B&D Mattifier and one can also use a compact for the same.
Pros of Bourjois Mineral Matter Mousse Foundation: –
- Sets matte
- Staying power is fabulous.
- Perfect for any season except extreme winters
- Those with oily skin should definitely invest in this.
- Easy to blend and doesn’t get streaky.
- Doesn’t give a mask-effect and looks perfectly natural.
- Has medium to full coverage
- Can be used everyday.
- Doesn’t crack or melt
- I found it to be sweat proof (tried n tested)
Cons of Bourjois Mineral Matter Mousse Foundation:-
- Will not work for dry skin.
- Will not conceal aggressive acne
- Couldn’t find the ingredient list anywhere
- Doesn’t come with the brush and has to be purchased sepeartely.
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Coverage: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 5/5
Would I repurchase: Yes. This is boon for oilies or for those like me who have an oily Tzone.
Have you tried Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation?
You may also like to read these:
- Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Smokey Eyes eyeshadow Trio 04 Nude Ingénue Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review
- Best Bourjois Products 2011
- Bourjois Pastel Teint Essential Pressed Powder 68 Dore Review
- Bourjois Blush in Rose Frission Swatches & Review
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara Photos
- 4 Swatches Of Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder
- 6 Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Swatches and Review
- Bourjois Wet/Dry Eye Shadow (Ombre A Paupieres) Review