THE SHADE-Yes, I am a foodie. And every lippy color reminds me of one or the other food. Let’s take for instance Colorbar velvet matte lipstick in Very coffee . I think they’ve given it the wrong name !! it should be called Very chocolatte (Chocó +latte). It’s a deep chocolate color, intense and very pigmented. I wouldn’t call it coffee because then i would be betraying the fragrance it comes in(yummy…!).Now the thought of it is making me hungry all over again.
But it may be difficult wearing it with anything since the color is a bit unconventional. I suggest darker skin tones to avoid this…It makes a fair person fairer.i’m not very sure it will do the same for darker skin tones. And those with pigmented lips should stay away from it L
- VARIATIONS-They come in 30 shades. All in shades of brown , mauve , magenta and their variations. (so it’s a bummer if you’re into light pinks, fuchsia, tangerine). The only light shades I’ve seen are Bare, over the top and crème.
- THE PACKAGE- OMG! It comes in the most elegant package – steel body with a transparent cap. I’m one of those people who buy cosmetics just because it looks pretty or feminine. I know looks can be deceptive but I don’t wanna be caught dead in ugly packaged lippies: p (it’s just another one of those things I dread). Also the transparent bottom shows the lippy shades so its easy to knw which color is what without actually opening it.Its travel friendly as the whole package is pretty sturdy.
- THE TEXTURE- though it is a matte lippy, it is nothing like how i remember matte to be (not a very pleasant memory. Let’s skip that). This beauty here is extremely smooth and very moisturising, glides on my lips like a skating star on a rink.
Swatch – Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Very Coffee
- STAYING POWER- now now , this is the highlight of the Colorbar velvet matte lipstick I’ve been dying to write about. I wanted to skip all the talks on shades, package and texture and jump right to this one but I’m trying to control myself here. Hehe. Brace yourself, this is gonna send a shock wave through your body and you may never recover, well atleast I haven’t.
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstik Very Coffee With Flash
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Very Coffee Without Flash
It has an amazing staying power up to 12-14 hours (inspite of all the eating and drinking I did). And I’m sure it would’ve stayed on longer if I didn’t have to go to sleep (had to remove it with makeup remover-which i tell you was a tough job).
If you’re a working lady then this lippy is just the right one for you. No need of retouching after every sip of water or meals. Besides there are wide variations of shades to choose from. So go grab one today.
- PRICE – Rs 225
- Weight – 4.2 g
Ratings – 3/5 (2 points deducted due to the difficult shade)
You might like reading these also:-
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Kohl Intense Eyeliner Mysterious Blue 002 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Autumn Rose 20 Nail Paint Reviews & NOTD
- Colorbar Instant Cover Up Stick Caramel Treat Review
- Colorbar Lip Pot Toffee tango 005 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Lip Pot Cherry Pop 017 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar i-Glide Eyeliner in Flirty Turq Review
- Colorbar Shy Rose Nail Paint – My Favourite Red nail paint
- 15 Street Wear & Colorbar Nail Paint Swatches
- Colorbar Soft Touch Lip Color Review (008 Clypso)