Some of the most satisfying things w have are things which we get for free. Same’s the case with me. The minute I accumulated 5 empty Lush tubs, I practically sprinted into the Lush store to get my free fresh face mask. There were so many to choose from like the Mask of magnanimity and what not..but I chose the Oatifix mask simply coz the SA explained it was one of the best masks for my dry as dust sensitive skin this winter.
Use Oatifix to clean and soften dry and sensitive skin. It was invented at our Ready Steady Create weekend by a group of enterprising Lush shop managers. You will be delighted to hear that a blend of fine oatmeal, fresh bananas, ground almonds and vanilla smells as tempting as a very posh breakfast, and even more delighted when you try it. Oats are a wonderful thing, they calm your skin and help to reduce cholesterol (when you eat them, anyway). Ground almonds give you an exfoliating scrub, bananas are a lovely, nutritious skin softner and illipe butter reduces redness. Get the Oatifix you need.
About Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask:
- Packaging – This comes in a tub like all other fresh face masks. I usually buy the100gms dabba simply because these masks stay fresh and usable for 2 weeks and its hard to finish the entire 100gms as it is, let alone 200gms…
- Quantity & Price: 100gms for 450, 200gms for 1100
- Color & Texture – The face mask is a light brown color…just like normal oat do.. It quite grainy in texture since it contains almonds which really help n exfoliating the skin. The grains are not abrasive though..they are quit sot infact..when I rub it on my face with water , it actually disintegrates into a cream texture which is just amazing.
- Fragrance – It actually smells strongly of almonds and I I’m not too fond of the smell. It feels like I’m sniffing honeyed almonds soaked in milk for a day…Not that I’ve done this mind you..but you know us gals…overrun with a wild imagination. I would suggest however that you smell this before you get it…All I can say is…it’s an acquired scent
I have a 50-50 view on this one. I spread it out on my face after cleansing and keep it on for 20mins or so. Now I store this in the fridge (as recommended) so it feels a bit tough to spread. Sp I usually keep it out 5-10mins before using it. I need a very tiny bit…like about a teaspoon worth of product to spread over my entire face and neck area. It actually melts a bit on the face an moisturizes as well. After 20 mins, I wash it off. When washing, I first wet my palms and move them in circular motions over my face to exfoliate. The almond grains actually melt in while I do this and moisturize as I exfoliate. I then rinse off and Voila!! I have nice moisturized skin! I don’t need to use a moisturizer for an hour atleast J
But on the other side..it did nothing else..I’m sure I sound really stuck up but I did expect some brightening atleast. I am extremely satisfied with the mask but there no ‘extra’ I can look forward to. So it’s just a normal daily kinda FM…but no miracle creation, if u know what I mean..
What I like about Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask: –
- Super moisturizing
- I don’t need to get out my moisturizer until an hour later.
- Would work very well on sensitive skin and those with dry skin.
- It works great as an exfoliator too.
- The grainy particles are not abrasive at all.
What I don’t like about Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask:-
- No ‘extra’ effects
- Kinda messy
- Lasts only for 2 weeks…
- Effectiveness: 4.5/5
- Fragrance: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
You may also like reading these:
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review