I love Lush Products..SURPRISE!!! I admit I am a bit obsessed with them..This was something I picked up from the store in a hurry…Actually my Hubs refused to set foot in the store for fear of those mountains of soap..(I have NO idea why he doesn’t like them) and told me to make it fast…So I grabbed this along with the Lush Oatifix face mask in a hurry. Yep, I had no idea what it was, but I saw olive and just grabbed it Actually I think I was in a frenzy to finish buying before being visually shot at my by Pati-Dev. Have any you ever had this kind of experience??
About Lush Olive Branch Shower Gel:-
If your body is beaten by the rigours of the rat race, accept an olive branch. The Olive Branch has a welcoming, Mediterranean warmth to it, with organic olive oil to soften your skin, an infusion of vine leaves, sea salt and the fresh juice of mandarins. The name comes from a line from the song, ‘Dance me to the end of love… lift me like an olive branch, ’til I’m safely gathered in’ – as sung by Madeleine Peyroux. (While we prefer the Leonard Cohen version, Mark would prefer to be gathered in by Madeleine.)
- Quantity: 100gms for INR580, 250gms for INR1070
- Key Ingredients: Vine Leaf Infusion (Vitis vinifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Mandarin Juice (Citrus nobilis), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus reticulata), Fine Sea Salt, *Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 14700, Methylparaben Vegan
My experience with Lush Olive Branch Shower Gel:-
- Packaging – This comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a flip top. Its quite sturdy although I’d rather transfer a bit to another harder bottle while travelling.
- Color & Texture – This shower gel is a reddish orange color…much like caramel when you just burn the sugar….yummy…now I’m thinking about caramel custard…Before I digress more, let’s get back to the gel..The gel is a caramel color but there is a light creamy component as well which usually sits at the top of the bottle. I do shake the bottle before using it so that the entire thing becomes one big mishmash of citrusy goodness The texture is quite liquidy and slides over the place….I made the mistake of thinking this would be the same as TBS shower gels which tend to be extremely thick…Suffice to say, I did end up with a big mess….But wot a sweet smelling mess it was! Ahhh!!
- Fragrance – The scent is the toughest for me to explain…Its a combination of zesty and calming…I guess thats the olive and lemon doing its job. It’s zesty enough to wake you up but without the zing that most citrus scents have. The olive fragrance takes the edge off and makes it a luxury experience
I absolutely love this shower gel..Where I do love sharp zesty scents as well, the fact that this is more relaxing and just more wholesome (I know its weird to use this word wrt a shower gel, but still..) has won me over. It puts a smile on my face and gets me all ready to start the day..and this is quite an accomplished considering that I leave the house at 7.30am
Additionally, the olive component in this also is a huge part why I like this. Pure citrus gels tend to dry out my skin. But this olive cream part of it retains the moisture and make it a pleasure to use.
Pros of Lush Olive Branch Shower Gel: –
- The fragrance zesty without being to sharp, thanks to the olives
- Doesnt dry out my skin.
- Refreshing and calming at the same time.
- Lathers a lot!! No jokes…A LOT!
- Available easilyat Lush stores as well as online.
- It may be pricey but it lasts a long long time since you need a very tiny amount to create your world of suds
- No animal testing.
Cons of Lush Olive Branch Shower Gel:-
- The price is quite steep.
- Moisturizing effect: 4.5/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
You may also like reading:
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Lush Oatifix Face Mask