This lipstick has a very funny story…I went to MAC earlier with my bro since he had to get me my belated B’day gift (3mts late!!!) and one of the things I wanted was the MAC lip prep n prime. My fav MAC SA Gauri wanted me to check out the difference with and without it and in the process applied this lipstick on me. Needless to say I did pick up the prep n prime, and also had a look at the Posh Paradise collection. I really don’t know why, but I only picked up a paintpot in Nubile from it and came away with my purchases. On the way home, my bro complimented my lipstick…Once I reached home, my hubby also complimented on me and actually asked me why I hadn’t picked it up. And hence, the damage was done…BOTH the men in my life actually verbally expressed their liing for this shade!!!! So this HAD to be good
I then turned my most winning smile on him and asked him to get it for me. I’d like to think it was my dazzling smile that did the trick (it probably was just him deciding to humor me), and he took me to MAC the very next day to pick this up
The lipstick comes in a long tube much like the slimshines. But this is a matte tube which I suppose is because this is a mattene (semi-matte) formula.
About MAC Mattene Lipstick in Deliciously Forbidden:-
- Color: This shade is like being drenched on plum. Quite literally…It’s a gorgeous plummy shade without any shimmer and has a pink undertone that is quite visible on me. It’s very similar to MAC craving as well. Except that Craving being a lustre finish goes on a bit lighter on me whereas this lippy is very dense.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This lipstick is 100% opaque and covers up any imperfection. The shade itself is highly pigmented and a single swipe is sufficient.
- Texture: MAC Deliciously Forbidden is a Mattene finish lipstick which means that it is a semi-matte finish. As you all know, I usually stay away from Matte finishes since my lips are super dry. But this lipstick doesn’t dry them out at all. It’s quite creamy and light and a dream for those with pruney lips like mine
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 3 hrs on my lips even after eating and drinking. And when I use MAC lip Prep n prime underneath it stays for more than 4hrs and then starts fading very slowly. without food and drink.
This is an amazing shade for all skin tones. The shade may look a bit different on different lips ofcourse and may look plum-mier on some and pinker on others. It does look a lot like Craving and the main difference lies only in the texture and intensity. Otherwise, if used lightly, this may even look like Craving…
But nonetheless, this is an amazing shade and I love how smooth it feels…There isn’t a single girl at work who hasn’t praised the color…which makes me feel super happy
What I like about MAC Mattene Lipstick in Deliciously Forbidden:-
- Totally opaque and so well pigmented.
- The perfect shade to wear to work.
- Will suit all skin tones.
- Attractive packaging.
- Gorgeous concentrated plum shade with pink undertones.
- Doesn’t feather or bleed.
- Doesn’t dry out my lips like other matte or semi-matte shades do.
- Quite moisturizing
- Has a really good staying power.
- A single swipe is more than sufficient.
- Can be toned down to a lighter plum shade.
What I don’t like about MAC Mattene Lipstick in Deliciously Forbidden:-
- Its a LE lippy…But then again Craving does come close although it just isn’t the same…
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also like to read: –
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi