The minute I heard about the new Maybelline range being released I knew beyond a share of doubt that I had to have it all. They have released this airbrush foundation, a Dream Matte Compact and a range of Dream Cream blushes which I’ve heard is going to replace the Dream mousse blushes. I picked the foundation and compact from Stylecraze.com but the blushes I’ve yet to see online so purchased them from the store itself. Have you tried anything from the new range?
About Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation:-
Air-whipped formula provides skin perfecting coverage, smooth, 100% pore less finish with natural luminosity, air-brushed natural perfection, blends effortlessly for a flawless, air-brushed finish, oil-free, fragrance-free, safe for sensitive skin and good for all skin types.
My take on Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation: –
- Packaging: I can’t rave enough about how much I love this packaging. I love the pump dispenser….No need to unscrew and screw a lid or flip open and close….just unlock the pump by sliding it to the right and you’re set! The pump dispenser allows me to control the quantity used and I usually need 1.5 to 2 pumps depending on the coverage I’m going for. Also what’s best is the pump can be locked to make it easy to carry around during travel. Cool right?
- Price: 575INR
- Quantity: 30ml
- Coverage & Usage: It gives me medium to full coverage depending on how much I use. It’s perfect for lighter blemishes and covering up acne as well. I dot the foundation on my face and then blend using a stippling brush in circular motions. After that, if I want a heavier coverage in specific areas like around my mouth, I take some more foundation and apply on the required area and blend it out. I have tried using this with fingers as well and it works, but for the airbrushed look it’s better to use a brush.
- Texture: This foundation is very light to the feel, unlike the thick goopy ones that Maybelline came out with earlier. This is very soft and doesn’t clog my pores at all. I’ll admit that on blending, for the first 2-3mins it looks more on the oily side, but once it sets, I’m left with a nice dewy look. For a more matte look, I just use the Maybelline Dream Matte Compact from this range.
- Staying Power: It stays on for a long long time. I have had it on for 9-10hrs at a stretch. The only catch is that it gets a bit greasy and you need to use a compact every 3-4hrs or so…
My Verdict: I find this a very ok-ok foundation. It’s nothing too great but is perfect for a newbie because of how soft the texture is and how easy it is to blend. It’s also really light and exposure to the sun doesn’t make me sweat excessively and it doesn’t melt either. The only downside is the oiliness which creeps in…this makes me feel that maybe this won’t be a good option for oily skinned beauties.
Also as common with all foundations, excess usage does result in a white cast, so starting with a little is best so you can gradually build up. All in all, this is a nice foundation to use and will probably suit dry skin the most as compared to oily or combo skinned persons.
Ok, now I did a sorta funny thing…I wanted to show a sort of a comparison side by side of how my skin looks with and without this foundation. And weirdly enough the only thing I could think of were my feet Do note that my feet are quite tanned and marked from several shoe bites, so you can check out the concealing this foundation does as well.
Pros of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation:-
- Really does give an airbrushed look.
- Very fluid and easy to apply.
- Oil free which is perfect for those prone to allergies.
- Fragrance free
- Hygienic pump dispenser which is lockable and safe for travel
- Staying power is quite good.
- A good budget buys for those who don’t want to go in for a high-end foundation.
- It truly doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t cause sweatiness.
- Derm-tested and allergy tested
- Conceals minor blemishes
- Gives a dewy finish which I like.
- Evens out my skin
- Doesn’t melt in the heat
- I liked this much more than the matte mousse foundation since that one made my skin look a little too dry and flaky.
- Works perfectly when paired with the compact.
Cons of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation:-
- If used in excess results is a white cast.
- I felt it slide around on my nose and forehead until it set properly.
- They dewy look turns into an oily look after 3-4hrs. So a compact is a must.
- May not suit oily skin
- With even TMs having an SPF content, I do wish this foundation also provided similar sun protection.
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Coverage: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
Would I repurchase: I don’t think so. I liked it but I like trying out new products and this will take a long time to finish by when I should be all set to try something new
You might also like
Have you tried Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation?
You may also like to read these:
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches