Maybelline has begun the year with a bang! A new collection featuring a Liquid mousse foundation, a matte compact and a range of blushes! What more could we ask for? Well, how about the eye tattoos and the bouncy blushes??? i’m so impatient for those…I know, I know, I’m greedy….Sigh…Let me comfort myself by buying what’s available atleast in the mean time So here I present, the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder!!! Ta-daaaaaa!!! (Yes, you have to applaud )
About Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Featuring a formula that gives you an ultra silky texture on your skin, this compact powder is easy to apply on your face. Its suede touch puff smoothes the powder on your skin evenly and without any efforts. You can apply Maybelline New York Dream Matte Powder on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin with its puff using gently downward strokes.
- New, Air-Soft Matte Perfection
- Won’t Clog Pores
- Dermatologist Tested
- Applicator & mirror inside!
My take on Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Foundation: -
- Packaging: Maybelline has been concentrating on the packaging a lot I see..First the Liquid mousse foundation which has a pump dispenser which can be locked…and now this compact which is no ordinary pan although it looks so. This baby has a panel on the lower part of the compact which swings out to present a mirror and a puff applicator. Cool right? The front panel is a see through which I like and this entire compact is so easy to carry around albeit a bit larger due to the fancy packaging.
- Price: 475INR
- Quantity: 9gms
- Coverage: Its a really good formula which mattifies my skin perfectly. I use it alone or even to set my foundation. I also use it with the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation and for touch ups as well.
- Texture: As described by Maybelline, this is air soft and goes on like a dream. But this may not be the right compact for duper dry skin since it makes the skin REALLY matte….so the skin starts feeling a bit flaky. For me, this is perfect for my combi skin and during summers when all the elements decide to pour oil on my face…
- Staying Power: This blots out the oil and keeps my skin matte for atleast 2-3hrs…if not more.
My Verdict: I f you have oily or combi skin, then this is a good investment. But incase one has dry skin, I wouldn’t advice the purchase since.
Pros of Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Foundation: -
- Its perfect for my combi skin and would suit oily skin as well.
- Formula is really Air-Soft and doesn’t make my feel heavy on application.
- Oil-free & won’t clog pores
- Dermatologist Tested
- Applicator & mirror including in such a cool fashion!
- Travel friendly and easy to carry around.
- No detectable fragrance.
Cons of Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Foundation:-
- May not be suitable for dry skin since it would make the skin more flaky.
- Too pricey for a compact.
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Coverage: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
Would I repurchase: I don’t think this will ever get over to begin with. But I like this for summers and would stick to Lakme Perfect Radiance compact during winters when my skin gets dry.
Have you tried Maybelline Dream Matte Powder?
You may also like to read these:
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches