Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses
I went through a gloss-loving stage last year wherein I had this insatiable urge to buy and use every gloss in existence. Every shop counter I’d go to, I’d be swatching like a demon, every online site I visited, I’d buy glosses without even reading reviews..I was totally loco! Did that craze ever get over? Yes. How?? Well, thats all thanks to a lip allergy I got in Oct/Nov which I suspect was due to a gloss itself…such a sad, forlorn good bye right? Well, I’m not beating myself about it since I’m sure the next time a new range of glosses get released, I’ll again go bonkers and my allergy will be a thing of the past!
I bought this off Ebay for a dirt cheap price and what I loved most was that all of these are sample sized tubes. I tend to get bored with lipglosses after using them a couple of times and these seem to have just the right amount to suit my needs
About Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses:-
What it is:A sheer, ultra-moisturizing lip gloss.
What it does:Drench your lips in luminous color and shine with this ultra-moisturizing formula that keeps lips soft and smooth for hours. Available in a variety of long-wearing shades and three advanced color formulas for a range of dazzling looks that enhance your lips like never before.
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses Finishes:-
- Sheer Color: Full of shiny polymers and pearls with a hint of glistening color for three-dimensional shine. The brush applicator wand flawlessly coats lips.
- True Color: Vitamin E and sunflower seed oil nourish with a touch of creamy color. The doe-foot applicator wand perfectly contours lips.
- Full Color: Saturate lips with brilliant color. Vitamin E moisturizes and the high-pigment shine goes on smooth and lasts for hours. The doe-foot applicator wand ensures color precision and control.
- Price: $18 for each full-sized tube
Smashbox Lipglosses Shades & their Descriptions:-
- Happy Hour: This is a Peachy pink lipgloss with tiny golden shimmers. The shimmers not chunky and add a burst of shine to the lips when worn. This provides sheer to medium coverage and I didn’t find this sticky at all.
- Pout: This is a milky blue-based baby pink shade. Again a non-sticky formula but without any shimmer. I personally like this the least since it washes me out completely. It can be applied to provide either light to medium coverage but it does tend to look goopy if layered too much.
- After Hours: This is a gorgeous shimmery golden brown which has medium coverage. The tiny golden shimmers are quite obvious when applied and it’s also what keeps this from looking muddy and ageing on my lips. It’s one of my favourites.
- Crystal: This is a clear gloss and quite multi-functional since it doesn’t have any shimmer and can be used either alone or over a matte lipstick to add a gorgeous shine. I personally don’t favour this much since this is the only gloss of all 6 which I found to be a bit on the stickier side.
- Cocktail Hour: This is my 2nd favourite and the most amazing gloss ever! Shimmer-free and yet imparting an amazing glossy look to the lips, this true peach shade is quite opaque and attention grabbing to say the least. It can be worn to work or to a gathering and still add that ‘Wow’ effect. It’s non sticky and doesn’t settle into my lip lines which is yet another feather in it cap
- Fame: This is a shimmery fuchsia pink shade which is also a full coverage gloss. The shimmer is very minute though and not quite visible…or maybe its the fuchsia which is so over-powering that the shimmers get cast into the background. This is also my most favourite shade of the 6..I am usually very cautious while wearing fuchsia lippies but this looks so bright, yet subdued on my lips that I needn’t be scared of looking gaudy
My thoughts about Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses:-
I like most of these glosses with the exception of Pout and Crystal. The reasons for the same I’ve mentioned above. I hate sticky and milky looking shades and they really put me off. Majorly so since these are the shade which look goopy after a while and settle into my liplines and look weird.
Except for Pout, all the rest have a decent staying power of 3-3.5hrs which is quite good for a gloss. Fame and Cocktail Hour have the longest staying power followed by Happy Hour and After Hours.
Another thing I like about these glosses is that the shimmer is not over powering nor is it chunky. A lot of the times, the gloss dries up and leaves the shimmer behind. This does happen a bit with Happy Hour, but not with the rest. Thank god for that! I hate having colorless lips with tacky shimmer stuck all over them
Texture-wise these are easily one of the best glosses around with their non-sticky formula. Some of their glosses do seem a bit more on the stickier side, but these form a very slim percentage of the whole.
This is how Fame looks on me…The pic didn’t come out too clear unfortunately..
What I like about Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses:-
- Gorgeous shades to choose from
- The subtle shimmer which doesn’t look OTT and doesn’t stick to the lips long after the color fades away.
- The non-sticky texture of most of the glosses.
- Fame & cocktail Hour are the classic shades I feel all of us should have.
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines.
- Worth the price
- Firsm sponge applicators and sturdy packaging.
- Smashbox doesn’t test on animals.
What I don’t like about Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses:-
- Not available in India…yet.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipglosses?
You may also enjoy reading: