You how we always tend to inherit one or more physical attributes from our parents? And don’t we all want all the best attributes?? My brother has a mole similar to my dad and a dimple like my mom. I hoped I’d get my moms figure or my dads fab metabolism….But instead I got 2 things.. a beauty spot on my lip from my dad (which I do like) and Gorilla Hair too!!!
I’ve been battling with extensive hair growth which is so NOT fun. To boot, my hair grows upwards instead of sideways like most peoples. This is worse because then even mild hair growth results in a pokey feel and looks pretty bad. I’ve always alternated between waxing and using an epilating. I’ve used Panasonic, removal pads and Philips epilators in the past and although the Panasonic one was quite nice, it conked offin November much to my grief. I had always wanted a Braun epilator since theirs are quite popular and had received rave reviews. So after some research and deliberation, I got this Braun epilator from Flipkart last December on discount. I believe it was the Xmas & New year discount that was going on then…
About Braun 5280 Xelle Epilator:-
The Braun 5280 Xelle is a ladies’ epilator designed for perfect epilating results in minutes. This Braun epilator keeps your skin smooth and hair-free for weeks. The 5280 Xelle is a dry epilator which carefully pulls out your hair on your legs and arms. The Braun Xelle epilator comes with a shaving head attachment to give you a smooth and silky skin after every shave.
- Comfort: The dual massage system on this Braun Xelle epilator gently activates the skin for epilation to minimize the pulling sensation. The soft lift system of the Braun ladies’ epilator lifts even the shortest hair that is lying flat at the roots and guides them to the tweezers. The speed personalization of the Xelle ladies’ epilator allows you to select among the two speed settings. The first speed is for the extra gentle epilation and the second speed is for removing thick hair with extra efficiency. The ice gloves that come with this Xelle ladies’ epilator will help in soothing your skin after epilation.
- Body: The body of the Xelle epilator has curvy edges and fits easily in your hand. The ergonomic grip of this Braun epilator gives you a comfortable epilation. The efficiency pro-cap of this ladies’ epilator is a protection cap to cover the epilation head and prevent it from damages. You can easily dust the hair off the epilation head using the cleaning brush given with this Braun Xelle epilator.
- Corded Epilator
- Shaver Head
- Tweezer Blades
- 2 Speed Settings
- Cleaning with Brush
- Active Massaging Rollers
- 40 Tweezers
Price: INR 4545..You can purchase from here
My experience with About Braun 5280 Xelle Epilator:-
I LOVE THIS EPILATOR!!! It’s hands down the best I’ve had till date and I don’t think I’ll ever want to buy another one ever! I have a lot of body hair and I ain’t exaggerating..The growth is so thick and my skin so sensitive that a lot of the times while waxing, my skin either breaks or my pores bleed a bit…I know..it’s not a pretty picture. But ever since I’ve started using this epilator I can say bye bye to all these problems
- Technicalities: This epilator comes with 2 heads.i.e for epilation and one shaver head. Both are sturdy and fit into the slot firmly without moving around. It also runs on electricity which I like because it ensures that the machine won’t get sluggish as the battery power decreases.
- Does it Hurt? : Now for the pain factor. The Philips Satinelle epilator was reviewed on WiseShe here by Shivani, wherein Jaspreet explained that epilation should be done when the hair is not longer than 1.5cm. To be honest I always thought that epilation works better if the hair is at its longest. Turns out the opposite is true and I used this on my legs exactly that way and Voila! It worked! I’ll admit the first time hurt a bit (actually it was like a pinch) since the hair was thicker. But after about 3 uses the hair has thinned out and it really doesn’t hurt after the initial 4-5secs. It does hurt a bit more when I use it in the underarm area but again its just minimal pain. Also, for those with super sensi skin like me, the cool pack is really helpful. I keep it in the freezer for just 5-10mins before epilating and then press it on the affected skin while epilating.
- How long do the effects last?: When I used to wax, I’d only get a respite of 4days max before the hair would start growing again. But with this epilator It’s a full 9-10 day before any hair shows up. I epilate once in 3 weeks now since the growth length reaches 1.5cm by then. Additionally, hair growth has decreased a lot. There are ceratin areas on my arms and leg where hairgowth has completely stopped. Cool right?!?!
- Ingrowth Problems : I have never had any ingrowth problems with epilators. Not even my previous ones. In my case, ingrowth occurs only if I use the shaver head.
- How is it different from other epilators: The number of tweezers…it’s true. The normal epilator we use have a max of 20 tweezers. This means that it takes a tad bit longer for complete and thorough hair removal. This epilator has 40 tweezers which ever the same patch of skin ensures super fast epilation. I don’t have to pass the epilator over the same patch of skin more than twice…3 times max on tougher areas.
- Can it be used in sensitive areas? The only sensitive area I’ve used this on is my underarms. I wouldn’t advice using this anywhere else
All in all I’m amazed by this product and am thankful I got it sooner and even more thankful I got it on discount (which is why I gathered the guts in the first place). It comes with a 1yr warranty period which is extendable asl well although I hope I never have need of it. So girls? Whatcha waiting for?? Get this fasssttt!!!
Pros of About Braun 5280 Xelle Epilator:-
- The 40 tweezers ensure quick and thorough removal
- The hair is epilated by the root
- I haven’t had any problems with in-growth
- Has a pouch which is travel friendly
- Not too heavy
- Comes with a cool pack which does help soothe and angry bumps
- Sturdy built
- I like the fact that it runs on electricity. I’ve always had a problem with battery operated ones since once the battery starts dying out the machine also works sluggishly.
- Easily available on Flipkart as well.
Cons of About Braun 5280 Xelle Epilator:-
- Some may prefer a battery operated epilator but thats just a personal preference
Have you tried Braun 5280 Xelle Epilator?
- Ease of Operation: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Utility: 5/5
- Accessories & Attachments: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
You may also like reading these:
- Must Have MAC Brushes For Beginners
- Places To Buy Waxing Strips & Wax In U.S – Suggestions
- The Body Shop (SPA Wisdom Japan) Body Milk Review
- Should I Wax Or Epilate & Epilator Suggestions
- 5 Skin Care Home Remedies That Worked For Me
- Satin Pure Exfoliating Hair Removal Pads Review
- Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6400 Review