I’m back with another blush review and this time it’s a blush from Clinique. This was another gift from a much loved and appreciated Aunty (I wish she would go back abroad and get me more stuff soon) and was part of a set. I’m not sure what the set was but I know this because the shade tab on the base of the blush says ‘Not for individual sale‘. That’s also why I’m not really aware of the exact cost of this baby. All the info I haveis what I’ve managed to scrounge up through Google
When I saw this, the first thought that popped into my head was that this looks exactly like the Lakme cream blush-in-a-stick form. Isn’t it so?
About Clinique Rosy Cream Blush: -
Convenient cream-to-powder blush glides on colour for a natural, all-day glow * Blends easily with fingertips to desired intensity
- Price: $20
- Quantity: 2gms
My take on the Clinique Rosy Cream Blush: -
- Packaging: It comes in a silvery chubby stick form and can be wound up for usage. Lid is very sturdy and hasn’t gotten loose even after so long.
- Color: The blush is a warm peach shade and a bit similar to the NYX cream blush in Tea Rose.(Read BEST NYX Blush review and swatches) It doesn’t have any shimmer! Yeyyyy!!!
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is intensely pigmented and I need just 2 dots on my cheeks and that’s sufficient! It’s a cream to matter formula which means that once this sets, it looks exactly like a powder blush. Even NYX cream blushes take on a sheen after setting, but this one sets complete matte.
- Staying Power: I’ve worn this blush for 9hrs at a stretch and by the end of it I still had a nice rosey tint on my cheeks. It starts fading only after about 5-6hrs of wear. Quite impressive.
- Application: I use this blush directly on my face and either place 2dots on each cheek and then blend with my fingers or draw a stripe on each cheek and then blend with a stippling brush.
I love how easily this blends into the skin. The Lakme one took a little more time to blend than this one. This shade is so gorgeous and would be flattering on all skin tones. It doesn’t give a flushed look or anything, but just gives a healthy and wholesome look to my face. This is the best phrase I could come up with to express how this looks
The quantity may seem too little for the price and I do agree on this. But this blush is so pigmented that this 2gms of product will probably list me a Lifetime! I can’t wait for the Clinique store to open up in Pune so I can check out more blushes from there
Pros of Clinique Rosy Cream Blush: -
- The stick packaging makes it very convenient to use.
- A little bit goes a long way
- Lasts for around 8-9hrs on me
- This tiny stick will last me eons!
- Easy to carry around
- Blends easily
- Superb pigmentation
- No detectable fragrance.
- Sets matte which I love since I’m not comfy with shimmery blushes at work
- The color is a universally flattering shade.
- Did not break me out
Cons of Clinique Rosy Cream Blush:-
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
Have you tried Clinique Blushwear Stick Rosy Cream Blush?
You may also like reading:
- 15 Must Have Clinique Products
- Clinique Stores-Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 50ml
- Clinique Happy in Bloom -for Valentines Day
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Foundation Review
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Review & Swatches
- Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Cooling Gel
- Clinique Introductory Packs In India
- Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter Immerse Your Body In All-Day Comfort
- Clinique Introduces 3 steps Skin Care System Travel Pack
- Clinique Presents High Length Mascara
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild Review